Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre & Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary
Summary of The Day: Discover two of the best attractions in Sandakan: the Sepilok Orangutan Centre and Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary!
After picking you up from Sandakan or your hotel at 8:30, we'll head to the famous Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre. Since 1864 the Centre has helped once captive Orangutatns learn to climb and survive in the wild. These semi-wild Orangutans mainly stay in the forest but will return to the Centre's platform for milk and bananas twice a day.
You will get to see them up close and have the chance to take photos of them at a close range. You'll also encounter orphaned orangutans while they're feeding, explore gorgeous jungle trails on the Centre's boardwalk, and learn all about these remarkable primates at the Centre's informative exhibits.
Next, we'll meet another amazing indigenous primate at the Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary. Located within an oil palm estate, this privately owned sanctuary offers you the chance to visit these unique primates and learn how to distinguish the males from the females (hint: its the nose). And, at 11:30pm, we'll get to see them feed at Platform B.
After lunch, we'll head out on a scenic Sandakan city tour! Along the way we'll encounter the city's historical landmarks, including the Puh Jih Syh Buddhist Temple, Sandakan Central Market, and the Sim-Sim Water Village.
After the tour we'll drop you off at your hotel or the airport at around 4:00pm.
Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. Cotton T-shirts with long or short pants recommended. Sandals/Slippers recommended.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.