Please note that order of day-to-day itinerary is adjustable depending on tour start day.
Edinburgh - Culross - Inverness
Summary of The Day: You leave Edinburgh with your guide - might it even be a red haired Scot called Jamie? Today you will follow the trail of film locations featured in the Outlander TV Series. You start with a visit at Culross which stands in for Cranesmuir, as well as Falkland, 1940s Inverness. From here you continue into the Highlands and you stop at Newtonmore Highland Folk Museum at the edge of the Cairngorms National Park later that afternoon. Onto Inverness for overnight.
Summary of The Day: Your day will start with you visiting the beautiful area of Glen Affric, surrounded on all sides by stunning Caledonian pine forest. This is big Scottish Countryside, ideal for our Jamie to hide! In the afternoon you will be visiting Culloden which plays such an important role in Scottish history and the Outlander books. Later you take a short drive to the ancient standing stones at Clava Cairns, which would have given ‘Herself’ the inspiration for Craigh na Dun. We return back to Inverness with time to explore the town and enjoy the city for another evening.
B&B or Hotel or similar
Inverness - Castle Leod - Fort William
Summary of The Day: A short drive this morning will take you to Beauly, and the site of Beauly Priory and the tomb of Lord Lovat and Fraser Clan lands before continuing to Castle Leod, seat of the Clan Mackenzie, for a tour of the grounds (not the Castle interior). In the afternoon, you have the opportunity to sample ‘The Water of Life’ with a whisky distillery tour and tasting. There might be time to look out for the Waterhorse, a kelpie in Scottish mythology, at Loch Garve! You continue on to Fort William for overnight, travelling along the entire length of Loch Ness.
Summary of The Day: You will be travelling to Glenfinnan this morning to visit the monument which commemorates the beginning of the last Jacobite rising. You continue through magnificent Glencoe and the rugged Trossachs area onto Doune Castle near Stirling, which is Castle Leoch in the TV programme. You will return to Edinburgh later that afternoon with a photo stop at Blackness Castle just over the Firth of Forth. Arriving at around 7:00pm.
* Minimum age: 18
* Group size: 16 maximum
* Prices for Single Occupancy apply when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
* Prices for Double Occupancy apply when two or more people stay in one standard hotel room. Please note that the number of guests staying in a double room is subject to change. Please quote the final schedule when booking.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Accommodation in B&B/Guest houses or hotel, with private facilities and breakfast
Transportation by top-of-the-range 16-seat Mercedes mini coaches
The program is subject to change. We will endeavor to include as many of the filming locations as possible.
Unless otherwise notified passengers are restricted to one medium sized suitcase/bag (maximum 15 kilos) and one carry-on bag per person.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.