Summary of The Day: Explore Santander from the comfort of the top deck of an open top bus.
Rolling hills, towering cliffs, beaches, and more. Santander evolved into one of Spain's most popular resorts for wealthy and noble Madrilenos. Damaged by a fire in 1941, parts of the City have been re-built, retaining their original architectural style. The reconstructed area houses Santander's most popular Gothic Cathedral. Take a city sightseeing bus tour of the city and hop off at conveniently located stops along the route to make the most of your experience. Hop off at the Paseo Pereda which echoes the character of the old city having escaped the fire of 1941. The area has been declared a Historic Artist site and was once home to commercial docks, warehouses and traders.
Hop off at the Museo Maritimo and experience a historical journey through the Spanish Sea where you can take a profound look at different areas of the underwater and maritime world. The museum was built as a tribute to the region and its waters; it offers insight into the world of fisheries, marine biology and life at sea. Discover the stars at the city planetario. Immerse yourself in a display of suns, moons, planets, galaxies and satellites underneath the dome-shaped screen. Nearby is the Palacio de Festivales with its comprehensive programme of plays, films and workshops. Hop off at The Palacio de la Magdalena, a beautiful early 20th century palace which sits on the shoreline. The palace was originally built as the summer residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The grounds of this magnificent building offer picturesque walks, a museum, beach, playground and a small zoo.
Hop off and visit the Parque de Matalenas, surrounded by cliffs between Mataleñas beach and the beaches of El Sardinero. Enjoy fabulous views of the city, a round on the golf course or time by the lake. Try your luck at Black Jack or Poker at the Gran Casino, which was one of the first buildings to be constructed near Santander's beaches in El Sardinero. To experience the city’s vibrant nightlife, head down to the Cañadío area (downtown) where tourists and locals alike traverse from bar to bar until the early hours.
Stop 1 - Rotonda Hotel Bahia
Stop 2 - Paseo Pereda
Stop 3 - Museo Maritimo
Stop 4 - Palacio de Festivales y Planetario
Stop 5 - Palacio de la Magdalena
Stop 6 - Casino / Playa del Sardinero
Stop 7 - Matalenas
Stop 8 - Parque de las Llamas
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 5-12
* Children younger than 5 are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Your ticket is redeemable for 3 months from purchase.
Once your reservation has been made, this tour is non-refundable.
Full mobility facilities on all tour buses.
In order to protect your personal property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.