Summary of The Day: North Beach is a food lover's feast and we are delighted to be your guide on this wonderful North Beach Food Tour. On our food tour, our stops and dining choices change but chances are we'll be having antipasti, appetizers, pizza, pasta, breads. We'll likely end the tour with canolli from one of the world's best Italian bakeries or tiramisu from an Italian eatery that first opened it's doors in 1880. We all love home made fudge as much as we love hand-made truffles, so we usually have both and let you decide which is your favorite! Some of the best coffee in the world is roasted right here in North Beach and we have been invited to observe their tried and true process.
We will start our tour with pasta and we will make 5 stops at other eateries along the way. We will focus on Italian food but might throw in some other foods to mix things up.
Because of this area's roots in Latin and Spanish culture, it was once known as the Latin Quarter. To this day, there are still several Basque restaurants in the district showcasing a mixture of French and Spanish influences. Frequently we stop in at one of these eateries to try their unique dishes.
The tour usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but we may cancel the tour up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event. We do not issue refunds for tours cancelled due to weather conditions.
We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing on the tour. San Francisco is known for the chilly weather and rolling fog, so dress in layers and be sure to bring a jacket.
Feel free to bring a bottle of water on food tours (we still do a lot of walking!).
On the tour we will have the opportunity to shop at local neighborhood venues. Some places accept cash only. Please bring a shopping bag.
Remember that we are on public streets and sidewalks; we cannot guarantee that the entire tour is accessible. Participants in wheelchairs must provide their own assistance.
While we love our pet friends, with the exception of guide dogs (not companion animals) , the tour is not appropriate for pets. Moreover, we cannot assume liability for the behavior of pets on the tour. Please find other accommodation for your pets.
In order to protect your personal property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.