Summary of The Day: Join us on the best and most authentic food tour of two of the most iconic (and well-fed) neighborhoods in San Francisco. Learn about the area's history and intangible culture as you sample the best foods these neighborhoods have to offer.
In Chinatown you will be delighted by the bustling Dim sum houses alongside the smaller cafes and tea shops. We'll take you to the fortune cookie factory, and to eateries off-the-beaten-path. Once we've soaked up all of the savory sauces in Chinatown, we'll walk over to the cafes, pizzerias, espresso houses, bakeries, and saloons of North Beach.
This portion of the food tour is all about Italian cuisine, as this is San Francisco's Little Italy. The locals are serious about their food. Along the way you will hear Italian spoken as much as English, the aroma of bread being baked, coffee roasting, milk steaming, soccer fans cheering, and the wild parrots of Telegraph Hill flying overhead.
On the day tour, we might visit a temple, the herbalist's shop, the flower stalls, produce stalls and gift shops never browsed by the average tourist.
At night, as the business world winds down and the work day comes to an end, the restaurant and cafe scene comes alive, and the nightclubs and bars open their doors for business.
The tour usually operates in light rain and other moderate conditions, but we may cancel the tour up to an hour before start time in the event of severe weather. If the operator cancels the event, ticket holders will be allowed to reschedule (subject to availability), or credit will be given. We do not issue refunds for tours cancelled due to inclement weather.
We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing on the tour. San Francisco is known for chilly weather and rolling fog, so dress in layers and bring a light jacket or overcoat.
Feel free to bring a bottle of water.
We will have the opportunity to shop at local neighborhood venues. Some places accept cash only. Please bring a shopping bag.
Remember that we are on public streets and sidewalks; we cannot guarantee that the entire tour is accessible. Participants in wheelchairs must provide their own assistance.
Please find other accommodation for your pets.
To protect your personal property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.