Summary of The Day: Mission District, San Francisco's first proper neighborhood, remains the heart and soul of the city today. San Francisco's very first neighborhood - the sprawling, urbane and sunny Mission District - is all but unknown to most visitors. It was here, in 1776, that Spanish padres founded a mission, and it is here today that you will find the city's most vibrant and interesting community. It's time to give Mission a try.
We'll begin at the Golden Fire Hydrant and make our way through Dolores Park. Hear the story of how the great fire of 1906 was put out right here on 20th Street. We'll travel up and across Liberty Hill to view the stately Victorians; stroll down vibrant Valencia Street, where we'll see a miniature park dedicated to the Triceratops. Then it's off to see the Women's Building, B'nai David Temple, hidden gardens and an alleyway or two of stunning murals. After paying our respects at the birthplace of the burrito, and buzzing through 16th and Valencia, it's off to the historic El Camino Real. Our tour will conclude at Mission San Francisco de Asis, commonly known as Mission Dolores.
Admission to Mission Dolores is not included in this tour.
The tour usually operates in light rain and other moderate conditions, but we may cancel the tour up to an hour before start time in the event of severe weather. If the operator cancels the event, ticket holders will be allowed to reschedule (subject to availability), or credit will be given. We do not issue refunds for tours cancelled due to inclement weather.
We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing on the tour. San Francisco is known for chilly weather and rolling fog, so dress in layers and bring a light jacket or overcoat.
Feel free to bring a bottle of water.
We will have the opportunity to shop at local neighborhood venues. Some places accept cash only. Please bring a shopping bag.
Remember that we are on public streets and sidewalks; we cannot guarantee that the entire tour is accessible. Participants in wheelchairs must provide their own assistance.
Please find other accommodation for your pets.
To protect your personal property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.