Summary of The Day: Join us on a fantastic Palm Springs jeep tour to see the sunset over the San Andreas Fault. Similar to our regular San Andreas Fault Jeep Eco Tour, this trip is ideally suited for photographers. During the “magic hour” the long shadows bathe the hills in incredible red, yellow, orange, and purple hues. Wildlife also tends to be most active at sunrise and sunset, so your chances of catching a glimpse of a coyote, fox, owl, or other desert critter is slightly higher at this time of day.
On this excursion, extraordinary scenery abounds as your jeep winds its way through the labyrinth of geological cuts and canyons of the San Andreas Fault Zone as your naturalist guide entertains you with stories about the plants, animals, geology, and history of the California desert.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult age: 13 and older
*Child age: 3-12
*Minimum age is 3 years on public tours.
*This tour has a 2 person minimum. If you are a single traveler, please contact us to inquire about joining an existing tour.
*Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Jeep eco-tour with an expert naturalist guide
Guided nature walk (geared to the abilities of the guests in the jeep)
Granola snack and bottled water
All admission/site fees & taxes
Complimentary hotel pickup is available for guests staying in Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, or Indio, subject to availability
Hotel pickup from Rancho Mirage is available for $25 per Jeep additional.
Tips: suggested gratuity is 10-15% of the tour price.
Tours depart promptly. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time to check in.
Things to Bring:
+ Wear closed-toe shoes with rubber soles (such as tennis shoes or hiking boots). Sandals and shoes with high heels are not recommended.
+ Wear comfortable clothing - we recommend you dress in layers as desert temperatures can change quickly. In the cooler months (Nov through March), we suggest you bring a light sweater or jacket.
+ Bring a hat and sunglasses and apply sunscreen before the tour.
+ Don't forget your camera or video camera and make sure your batteries are charged up and you have plenty of film.
Guests with neck, back, or serious injuries and women who are pregnant are advised to consult with their doctor before taking any Jeep Tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.