Summary of The Day: Extraordinary scenery abounds as your Big Red Jeep winds its way through the labyrinth of geological cuts and canyons of the San Andreas Fault Zone as your naturalist guide entertains you with stories about the plants, animals, geology, and history of the California desert.
On this exciting 4WD adventure to our private Metate Ranch preserve on the San Andreas Fault you will:
• Experience the twisted and tortured landscape of an active earthquake fault system as your guide describes the geology of the area and you explore the skeleton of the earth.
• Walk between the steep walls of deep canyons created by the powerful forces of plate tectonics, water, wind, and time.
• Explore a natural palm oasis where crystal clear water bubbles up from the underground aquifer.
• Learn about the culture and lifestyle of the Cahuilla Indians and how they used the desert’s plants for food, medicine, tools, weapons, shelter, and more.
• Learn about the plants and animals of the California desert.
• Discover the fascinating history of the Coachella Valley.
• Enjoy spectacular views as your guide describes the geologic forces and local history that shaped the Coachella Valley.
TOUR DEPARTURE TIME FROM MAIN DEPARTURE LOCATION
October – May: 8:30am & 1:00pm Daily
June – September: 8:30am Mon - Sat
Complimentary hotel pickup is available for guests staying in Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, or Indio, subject to availability.
Please select a departure time during booking and include your hotel name and address in the "Reservation Request" box during booking if you would like hotel pick-up.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult age: 13 and older
*Child age: 3-12
*This tour has a 2 person minimum. If you are a single traveler, please contact us to inquire about joining an existing tour.
*Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Narrated jeep eco-tour with an expert naturalist guide
Guided nature walk (geared to the abilities of the guests in the jeep)
Granola snack and bottled water
Site fees & taxes
Complimentary hotel pickup is also available for guest staying in Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, or Indio.
Hotel pickup from Rancho Mirage is available for $25 per Jeep additional.
All personal expenses
Tips: suggested gratuity is 10-15% of the tour price.
Tours depart promptly. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time to check in.
Things to Bring:
+ Wear closed-toe shoes with rubber soles (such as tennis shoes or hiking boots). Sandals and shoes with high heels are not recommended.
+ Wear comfortable clothing - we recommend you dress in layers as desert temperatures can change quickly. In the cooler months (Nov through March), we suggest you bring a light sweater or jacket.
+ Bring a hat and sunglasses and apply sunscreen before the tour.
+ Don't forget your camera or video camera and make sure your batteries are charged up and you have plenty of film.
Guests with neck, back, or serious injuries and women who are pregnant are advised to consult with their doctor before taking any Jeep Tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.