Barcelona - Figueres - Cadaques / Pubol - Barcelona
Summary of The Day: This is by far the most comprehensive Salvador Dali tour available. Spend the morning at the one-of-a-kind Dali Theatre-Museum in Figueres and finish the day either visiting his home in Port Lligat, or the castle he built for his wife, depending on the season.
We'll depart from Barcelona at 8:30am and drive to Figueres, birthplace of Salvador Dali and home of the world-famous Dali Theatre-Museum. Dali refused to have his work placed in chronological order, as he wanted people to view his collection as a whole. Step inside Dali's world of fantasy, architecture, painting and sculpture. It's a completely surreal experience.
*September 16 - June 30 (Winter)*
After probing the the creative mind of Salvador Dali, we'll head for the coastal village of Cadaques, famous for its whitewashed homes, narrow streets and sandy beach - one of the most picturesque villages on Costa Brava.
For lunch, we recommend the local seafood specialities at one of the many restaurants with terraces facing the Mediterranean.
After lunch we'll travel just a few minutes up the coast to the even smaller village of Port Lligat, the place where Dali sought inspiration. The house of Port Lligat is considered by some to be Dali's only true home. It was here that he painted the majority of his seminal works. Every detail of the house bears his imprint; his furniture and decor remain exactly as they were. Afterwards we'll drive to Cap de Creus, the most easterly point on the mainland, boasting one of the most beautiful coastlines in all of Spain. We'll leave at 5:00pm, returning to Barcelona at around 7:00pm.
*July 1 - September 15 (Summer)*
During the hottest months of the year, the road to Cadaques is often heavily congested, so we'll take you to another of Dali's creations instead.
We'll travel to the village of Pubol, where you can opt for a local meal in a traditional Catalan restaurant before we visit yet another Dali masterpiece: Pubol Castle.
Dali gave the castle to his wife Gala in the spring of 1970. He carefully restored the old Gothic Renaissance Palace, painted frescoes and furnished it with items bought from various antique dealers around the region. Inside. In typical Dali fashion, he promised his wife that he would only ever visit the castle when she invited him! Dali also built the crypt where Gala is now buried.
In the afternoon we'll head to Palamos, one of those secluded spots you can still find on Costa Brava. Dali visited this region several times in the 1930s - a place called Mas Juny, owned by his friend Josep Sert, a famous Catalan painter.
This tour departs at 8:30AM from opposite the Palau de la Musica, C/ Palau de la Musica, 1, 08003, Barcelona.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
We recommend that you arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart.
To protect your personal property, please bring all valuable items with you. Do not leave valuable items unattended during the tour service. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.