Summary of The Day: The day begins in central Berlin. We'll take the train 25 minutes north of Berlin to the town of Oranienburg, where we will walk to the memorial site. When we arrive your licensed guide will explain how the Nazis began using concentration camps in 1933, opening Sachsenhausen in 1936.
You will then be led through the site, as your guide explains to you how various victim groups were persecuted: Jehova's Witnesses, the Jewish, political prisoners, and Soviet soldiers among others. Between 1936 and 1945 around 200,000 people were imprisoned at Sachsenhausen. You will learn the history of the site as your expert guide takes you to the Jewish barracks, the shoe-testing track, the camp prison, and the execution center Station Z. Your guide will also tell you how the camp was liberated by Soviet soldiers in 1945, only to be turned into a Soviet internment camp that secretly remained in use up to 1950.
Including travel time to and from Berlin, this 6-hour tour aims to give you greater insight into the tragic history of the Nazi concentration camp, Sachsenhausen.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 26 and older
* Youth: 12-25 years of age
* Children younger than 12 (accompanied by an adult) are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Guided tour of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
Introduction to the history of Nazi concentration camps
You cannot buy refreshments/snacks inside the memorial so we advise you to bring something with you.
We use public transport to reach the memorial. If you have a valid rail pass, please bring it with you or buy a train ticket from the guide (ABC ticket, EUR 3.30 each way or day pass at EUR 7.60).
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.