Summary of The Day: Today we'll begin our gorilla safari, enjoying an early breakfast before heading out to the Volcanoes National Park's main headquarters. We'll arrive for a briefing at 8:30am where we'll learn all the rules regarding our trek.
We will be allocated a gorilla family to track and will follow expert guides to lead you to the gorillas. The tracking will be a 2-5 hours excursion, giving you plenty of time to enjoy this amazing region and observe these fascinating animals.
Afterwards we'll return to Kigali, where we'll enjoy dinner and spend the night.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
Kinigi Guest House (Lowest) /
Muhavura Lodge (Lowest) /
La Palme Hotel (Mid-Range) /
Volcanoes Gorilla Lodge (Mid-Range) /
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge (Luxury) /
Gorillas Nest Lodge (Luxury) or similar
Summary of The Day: After breakfast you will visit the Genocide Memorial where thousands of innocent people lost their lives during the genocide of the mid 1990s in Rwanda and listen to the touching narratives of how people were cruelly put to death.
In the afternoon, you will have lunch and later transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
*Price for Single Occupancy applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
*Price for Double/Triple Occupancy applies when two/three people stay in one standard hotel room respectively. Each room may be equipped with two full size beds or one large bed with a double sofa-bed.
*Triple price does not guarantee a third bed in the room. Please check the availability at the time of check-in.
*Maximum room capacity: 3 people including adult and child/infant.
If cancellation was made within 17 days prior to the departure date, it's non-refundable.
If cancellation was made 18-29 days prior to the departure date, 75% of payment will be refunded.
If cancellation was made 30 or more days prior to the departure date, 90% of payment will be refunded.
Given that gorilla tracking involves a lot of walking on rough, mountainous terrain, a tracker is advised to:
- Bring shoes with good traction, suitable for steep muddy slopes
- Carry rain gear, sunscreen and a hat, as the weather is unpredictable
- Carry enough water and food
- Carry binoculars
- Carry a good camera that can take photographs of black animals in dim light without a flash. A monopod can also be very helpful.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.