Summary of The Day: Today we'll begin our gorilla safari, enjoying an early breakfast before heading out to the Volcanoes National Park's main headquarters. We'll arrive for a briefing at 8:30am where we'll learn all the rules regarding our trek.
We will be allocated a gorilla family to track and will follow expert guides to lead you to the gorillas. The tracking will be a 2-5 hours excursion, giving you plenty of time to enjoy this amazing region and observe these fascinating animals.
Afterward we will transfer you back to Kigali for your flight home.
*Price for Single Occupancy applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
*Price for Double/Triple Occupancy applies when two/three people stay in one standard hotel room respectively. Each room may be equipped with two full size beds or one large bed with a double sofa-bed.
*Triple price does not guarantee a third bed in the room. Please check the availability at the time of check-in.
*Maximum room capacity: 3 people including adult and child/infant.
*Additional fees may apply for travelers under 2 years of age. Please ensure you inform us when booking if you are travelling with infants 2 years or younger by placing the number of infants and their dates of birth in the comments section when booking online.
Given that gorilla tracking involves a lot of walking on rough, mountainous terrain, a tracker is advised to:
- Bring shoes with good traction, suitable for steep muddy slopes
- Carry rain gear, sunscreen and a hat, as the weather is unpredictable
- Carry enough water and food
- Carry binoculars
- Carry a good camera that can take photographs of black animals in dim light without a flash. A monopod can also be very helpful.
For customers who will self transfer to hotel on day, according to the hotel's policy, the guests need to arrange their check-in after 3:00pm (local time). If the guests arrive at the hotel before 3:00pm, they will have to wait until 3:00pm to check-in. We apologize for any inconvenience.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.