Romantic Rhine - Northbound
- Book a 2012 Europe Avalon Waterways air-inclusive vacation to receive $300 off per person on the air price. Booking must be made, under deposit, and discount applied between January 4, 2012 and February 28, 2012 for travel between January 4, 2012 and December 31, 2012. Applies to new 2012 bookings only, and offer will not be applied to pre-existing bookings. Offer reliant on space availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Not combinable with any other offer except Journey's Club Repeat Travel Benefit. Applies to new 2012 bookings only. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply.
- Spring/Summer: wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
Fall/Winter: wear layered clothing in the winter to ensure comfort in the cold weather.
- In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
Terms and Conditions
Edit Photo Title & Description
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Pricing (Per Person)
|Land Start Date||Price From:|
|2017-04-02||USD $2,399.00||See in Cart|
|2017-04-08||USD $2,649.00||See in Cart|
|2017-04-15||USD $2,899.00||See in Cart|
|2017-04-16||USD $2,899.00||See in Cart|
|2017-04-22||USD $2,999.00||See in Cart|
|2017-04-29||USD $3,149.00||See in Cart|
|2017-04-30||USD $3,149.00||See in Cart|
|2017-05-06||USD $3,149.00||See in Cart|
|2017-05-13||USD $3,199.00||See in Cart|
|2017-05-14||USD $3,199.00||See in Cart|
Gateway for arrival is Zurich, Switzerland.
- Departure December 2 & 16 are offered as exclusive Festive Time Cruises, including special features and visits to Christmas markets at no extra cost. Experience the holiday season the European way! Enjoy the jolly atmosphere on your festively decorated ship as you delight in the sights, smells, and tastes of local customs and traditions.
Gratuities to Local Guides & Excursion Drivers are included.
Please call for single accommodation price. Triples not available.
Extra nights per person in Zurich:
in single room $149, in twin room $100
Extra nights per person in Amsterdam:
in single room from $179 to $445, in twin room from $112 to $245
Prices shown include cruise in Category E in a deluxe outside stateroom on Indigo Deck.
To upgrade to a higher category, add per person:
Category / Decks / Price
B / Sapphire Deck / $649
A / Sapphire Deck / $699
P / Royal Deck / $799
Royal Suite / Royal Deck / $1,399
Tranquility II/Imagery II
Category / Decks / Price
D / Indigo / Deck / $199
B / Sapphire Deck / $1,149
A / Sapphire Deck / $1,199
P / Royal Deck / $1,299
Avalon Suite / Royal Deck / $1,899
- City Highlights
Cruise: deluxe 7-night cruise in an outside stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection BedsSM
Day 1 Zurich - Transfer to Basel (Embarkation): onboard welcome reception
Day 2 Breisach. Excursion to the Black Forest: visit a woodcarver's workshop or visit a Black Forest open-air museumDay 3 Strasbourg: guided sightseeing, visit La Petite France district and the gothic cathedral
Day 4 Excursion to Heidelberg - Mainz: guided visit of the castle, see the Great Vat in Heidelberg; visit the Gutenberg Museum in Mainz
Day 5 Rudesheim - Rhine Gorge - Koblenz: visit Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum in Rudesheim and enjoy a special treat; cruise through the Rhine Gorge; guided walk in KoblenzDay 6 Cologne: choice of guided city walk or Jewish Heritage walkDay 7 Amsterdam: canal cruiseDay 8 Amsterdam (Disembarkation): your vacation ends this morning
- Key Differences
- Launch Date
- Captain's welcome & farewell receptions with sparkling wine and canapes
- Welcome dinner
- Daily Afternoon Tea
- Daily Night Fare
- Farewell dinner
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board your vessel
- Departures December 2 & 16 are offered as exclusive Festive Time Cruises, including special features and visits to Christmas markets at no extra cost. Experience the holiday season the European way! Enjoy the jolly atmosphere on your festively decorated ship as you delight in the sights, smells, and tastes of local customs and traditions.
- In the event of water level problems or any problems of a technical nature, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or to alter the program.
- Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change becomes necessary, a substitute will be offered.
- Related Tour Code3
Combine with Globus.Add The Best of Switzerland tour before your cruise, which includes transfersAdd Bavarian Highlights tour before your cruiseAdd Poland, East Germany & World War II tour before your cruise
- Scenic Highlights
Special onboard and onshore experiences presented by entertainers, artisans, and experts, designed to enrich your cruise.
Enjoy a special coffee or wine tasting in Rudesheim.
Romantic Rhine - Northbound