Summary of The Day: After your driver drops you off at the hotel, the rest of the day is yours to explore the city at your leisure. Frankfurt is the financial and commercial heart of Germany, and a city full of fascinating contrasts between old and uber-new. Make sure to be back by 7:00pm for the welcome dinner at the hotel.
- Mövenpick Frankfurt City or similar
Frankfurt - Heidelberg - Black Forest
Summary of The Day: In the morning we'll travel from Frankfurt to Heidelberg for a ride on the fabled cable car, a visit to famous Heidelberg Castle, and a sightseeing tour of the historic city center. Situated on the banks of the Neckar River, Heidelberg is Germany's oldest university town and one of the most popular destinations in the entire country. From there we'll continue to the Black Forest region. In the evening you'll be treated to a sumptuous Black Forest dinner. The beautiful Ravenna Gorge and the region's oldest chapel a just a quick jaunt from the hotel.
- Best Western Hotel Hofgut Sternen or similar
Black Forest - Lake Titisee - Lindau - Fussen
Summary of The Day: After breakfast we'll listen to a short presentation on cuckoo clock production. After that we'll head to a traditional Black Forest farm to sample some local cheeses, followed by a trip to Lake Titisee and the small island of Lindau in Lake Constance, boasting spectacular views of the Alps. Weather permitting, we'll take the mountain road from Lindau to Oberstaufen and Immenstadt to our final destination: Fussen, the southernmost point on our tour of Romantic Germany.
- Hirsch or similar
Neuschwanstein - Wieskirche - Oberammergau - Linderhof - Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Summary of The Day: First stop on Day 4 is Neuschwanstein Castle, built by Ludwig II, the Mad King. Then it's onward to Oberammergau, famous for its Passion Play and lovely crafts. Along the way we'll visit the Wieskirche Church, followed by a tour of Linderhof Castle, one of three castles built by King Ludwig II. Today's final destination is Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany's winter sports capital and site of the 1936 Winter Olympics.
- On May 24, accommodations are in Innsbruck instead of Garmisch-Partenkirchen..
- Rheinischer Hof or similar
Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Innsbruck - Munich
Summary of The Day: In the morning we'll see the sights in Innsbruck, Austria, in the Inn valley, in the heart of the Alps. You may also opt to go on the excursion to the top of Zugspitze (own expense).
- Accommodations for the evening are in Munich.
- Holiday Inn Munich City Centre or similar
Summary of The Day: After breakfast we'll visit the city's main attractions, concluding at Marienplatz with its famous clock tower. Munich is famous for its Oktoberfest, celebrated annually in September. The afternoon is yours to explore the many wonders of Munich. Later at the hotel you will be treated to a traditional Bavarian dinner.
- Holiday Inn Munich City Centre or similar
Munich - Passau - Linz
Summary of The Day: In the morning we'll travel to Passau on the border between Germany and Austria, at the confluence of the Danube, Inn and Ilz Rivers. In the afternoon we'll cross over into Austria, ultimately arriving at the city of Linz, a picturesque town on the banks of the Danube.
- Arcotel Nike or similar
Linz - Durnstein - Melk - Vienna
Summary of The Day: After breakfast we'll continue our exploration of Austria at the village of Durnstein, nestled in the heart of the magnificent Wachau Valley, boasting a unique combination of a breathtaking scenery and traditional architecture. It was in Kuenringer Castle, whose ruins overlook Durnstein, that the English King Richard Lionheart was held prisoner. Then we'll continue to Melk for a short visit to the famous Melk Abbey.
- Arcotel Wimberger or similar
Summary of The Day: Today's itinerary is devoted to Vienna, highlights of which include the Vienna State Opera, Hofburg Palace, Heldentor (Heroes' Gate), Austrian Parliament Building, and many other attractions. The afternoon is yours to explore Vienna at your own pace. Be sure to return in time for the optional gala dinner accompanied by live classical music (own expense).
Lake District - Salzburg
Summary of The Day: In the morning we'll continue to Lake District and take the cable car to the top of Mount Zwolferhorn, affording an unforgettable view overlooking Lake Wolfgang. Then we'll continue to the city of Salzburg, where the composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born. Our sightseeing tour also includes a visit to the world-famous Mirabell Gardens and Mozart's birthplace.
Salzburg - Berchtesgaden - Chiemsee - Munich
Summary of The Day: After breakfast we'll travel along the Konigsee River Valley, through the Bavarian mountains, and past whimsical farmhouses to Obersalzberg. Special buses and an elevator will bring us to Eagle's Nest (Kehlsteinhaus), originally built as a teahouse for Adolf Hitler's 50th birthday celebration. From there we'll continue on to Lake Chiemsee - the Bavarian Sea - to rest and enjoy the view.
- The tour service ends at Munich Airport at around 6:00pm.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $2,161.13||USD $2,161.13||USD $2,863.36||USD $1,728.90|
Holiday Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $2,378.87||USD $2,378.87||USD $3,081.11||USD $1,903.10|
* Child: 2-12 years of age|
* Children under 2 years of age pay 10% of the total fare when sharing a twin room with 2 adults (maximum one child per room).
* Minimum of 2 and maximum of 30 people per group.
* Single occupancy price applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
* Double and triple occupancy price applies when two and three people stay in one standard hotel room, respectively.
* Triple occupancy is subject to availability and depending on the hotel.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation in a car, minivan or bus
- English-speaking tour guide
- 10-night hotel accommodations
- Welcome dinner in Frankfurt
- Traditional Black Forest dinner
- Farewell dinner in Munich
- Admission to Heidelberg, Neuschwanstein, and Linderhof Castles
- Admission to Melk Abbey
- Admission to Eagle's Nest
- Cable car to Mount Zwolferhorn
- Visit to a local Black Forest farm with cheese tasting
- Porter service
- Personal expenses
- Additional food and drink
- Airport pick-up service is available 24 hours on the day of arrival only. Your driver will be waiting for you in the arrivals hall.
- Please present your voucher to the tour guide on the day the tour is scheduled to begin.
- Each passenger is allowed one medium-sized piece of luggage not to exceed 66 lbs. Transportation of excess luggage is subject to space availability. If a traveler's luggage exceeds capacity, they will be asked to either leave part of their luggage behind or pay extra for a taxicab or other form of transportation.
- Most hotels are located in the center of the city and breakfast is always included. Most hotel rooms in Germany don't have air-conditioning and Internet and WiFi are paid separately.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7