Summary of The Day: Delight both your senses with food and your inner tourist with famous landmarks on this Rome walking tour that provides an alternative to your average stroll through the city. Culture and food - what more could you ask for?!
Start your Rome city tour at the Spanish Steps, one of the city’s most famous spots and home to the Barcaccia Fountain by Bernini. Walk along Via Condotti, a street filled with the high end boutiques as well as ancient local favorites such as Antico Caffe Greco, which was a meeting point for artists and philosophers for centuries. This in one of the best places in Rome to find a mix of old and new, and your local guide will be giving you plenty of insights along the way.
Wind your way through alleyways to the Trevi Fountain, the iconic spot featured in the movie "La Dolce Vita," filmed by Federico Fellini in 1960. Be sure to throw a coin into the fountain and make a wish!
Your local Rome guide will then take you a little further along to the beautiful Piazza Colonna, home to Palazzo Chigi, the seat of the Italian government and nearby Montecitorio, house of the Parliament. Stop for a well earned break at Rome’s best gelateria to sample some of this famous ad delicious Rome food, then continue to the Church of Sant’Ignazio. This little known church has a wonderful fake dome, created by an optical illusion, a Rome attraction well worth checking out with a local guide to give you the insider's scoop.
The next stop on your Rome tour is the Pantheon, one of the greatest and best preserved Roman temples. In the 7th century, it was transformed into a church and remains one of the most astonishing sites in the Eternal City. Don’t forget to admire the beautiful fountain outside, made by Giacomo della Porta.
Nearby is a small cafe, where you'll have the chance to enjoy the best espresso in Rome, or maybe even in the world! After making your own judgement on that matter, your Rome guide will take you to Palace Madama, a Renaissance building that is now the seat of the Italian Senate. A short walk away is the Piazza Navona, site of the beautiful Four Rivers fountain by Bernini.
Complete your Rome walking tour by visiting another hidden gem, the statue of Pasquino, which has a very interesting local story behind it. In front of the statue is an excellent enoteca (wine bar), where you can rest while drinking a glass of wine chosen from a list of more than 3,000, and taste delicious cheese and prosciutto. What better way to end your Rome adventure?!
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11
* Not available for children younger than 6.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please check in at the departure location 15 minutes before the tour begins.
This tour is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12.
Comfortable shoes are recommended.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.