The Rhine & Moselle - Northbound
- In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
Terms and Conditions
Edit Photo Title & Description
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Pricing (Per Person)
|Land Start Date||Price From:|
|2017-07-02||USD $4,499.00||See in Cart|
|2017-09-16||USD $4,899.00||See in Cart|
|2017-10-24||USD $4,299.00||See in Cart|
Gateway for arrival is Zurich, Switzerland.
Gratuities to Local Guides & Excursion Drivers are included.
Please call for single accommodation price. Triples not available.
Extra nights per person in Zurich:
in single room from $149 to $225, in twin room from $100 to $139
Extra nights per person in Amsterdam:
in single room from $179 to $445, in twin room from $112 to $245
Prices shown above include cruise in Category E in a deluxe outside stateroom on Indigo Deck.
To upgrade to a higher category, add per person:
Category / Decks / Price
D / Indigo / Deck / $341
B / Sapphire Deck / $1,970
A / Sapphire Deck / $2,055
P / Royal Deck / $2,227
Royal Suite / Royal Deck / $3,255
- City Highlights
Cruise: deluxe 12-night cruise in an outside stateroom with Avalon's exclusive Comfort Collection BedsSM
Day 1 Zurich - Transfer to Basel (Embarkation): onboard welcome reception
Day 2 Breisach. Excursion to the Black Forest: visit a local woodcarver's workshop or visit a Black Forest open-air museum
Day 3 Strasbourg: guided sightseeing, visit La Petite France district and the gothic cathedral
Day 4 Speyer. Excursion to Heidelberg: guided visit of the castle, see the Great Vat
Day 5 Rudesheim - Rhine Gorge: visit Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum in Rudesheim; special treat; cruise through the Rhine Gorge
Day 6 Koblenz: choice of guided sightseeing or visit Sayn Manor House
Day 7 Bernkastel: guided walk; onboard wine tasting
Day 8 Thionville, France: choice of excursion to Metz or to the area of the Maginot Line
Day 9 Remich, Luxembourg. Excursion to Luxembourg City - Grevenmacher. Excursion to Trier, Germany. guided sightseeing of Luxembourg City; choice of guided sightseeing in Trier or "Roman Trier," see the Porta Nigra
Day 10 Treis-Karden: excursion to Eltz Castle
Day 11 Cologne: choice of guided walk or Jewish Heritage walk
Day 12 Amsterdam: canal cruise
Day 13 Amsterdam (Disembarkation): your vacation ends this morning
- Key Differences
- Launch Date
- Captain's welcome & farewell receptions with sparkling wine and canapes
- Welcome dinner
- Daily Afternoon Tea
- Daily Night Fare
- Farewell dinner
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board your vessel
- In the event of water level problems or any problems of a technical nature, it may be necessary to operate the itinerary by motorcoach or to alter the program.
- Included visits and special features are subject to change. If a change becomes necessary, a substitute will be offered.
- Arrival flights into Zurich must arrive before 3 pm.
- Scenic Highlights
Special onboard and onshore experiences presented by entertainers, artisans, and experts, designed to enrich your cruise.
Attend a Cuckoo Clock Carving Demonstration, and enjoy an onboard Accordion Music Presentation.
The Rhine & Moselle - Northbound