Summary of The Day: Sit back and relax on a comfortable, air-conditioned coach while listening to your guide explaining Switzerland's interesting history and culture. Drive on the modern highway to Kilchberg, home of the headquarters of the world-famous chocolate factory Lindt & Sprungli. A great shopping opportunity awaits you at the Lindt Chocolate Shop - a heaven for all chocolate lovers and hard to resist. Browse the immense assortment and buy some of the most delicious Swiss chocolate at best conditions as a gift for your friends and families back home.
On a short Zurich city tour you drive along the shores of the beautiful Lake Zurich, pass by the emblematic churches of the charming Old Town towards the University quarter and cross the picturesque Limmatquai before arriving at the impressive main train station.
After a short lunch break (30-45 minutes) you continue northwards through picturesque landscapes with gently rolling vineyards and charming farming villages. Reach one of Switzerland's major attractions at the medieval castle Laufen. Enjoy approx. 1 hour at the mighty Rhine Falls - Europe's biggest waterfall! Delight unique views from the panoramic lift and see how an average of 700'000 liters of water per second plunge across a width of 150 meters into the basin below. The Belvedere panoramic trail brings you to the viewing platform right above the falls where you feel the spindrift of the rumbling waters. Those seeking for the ultimate adventure might take the optional boat ride (subject to availability) in the fizzy waters below the falls.
Continue via Schaffhausen with its well-known Munot Fortress to the medieval town of Stein am Rhein. Learn about the well-preserved old town on a stroll and admire the many distinctive medieval buildings such as the church, the former monastery of St. Georgen, the town houses, the gates and towers as well as the town hall and armory. Most of these half-timbered frame houses are made of stone with delicate wooden window frames and stun visitors with their exceptional frescoes. After some time at leisure, drive back in the evening via Zurich to Lucerne.
We normally return to the meeting point at 7:30pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 6-15 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 6, but they must be registered before the trip.
* Tour prices are based on Swiss Francs (CHF) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Transportation in a comfortable coach
Professional tour guide
Visit to the Lindt Chocolate Shop, Kilchberg
City tour of Zurich
Entrance fee to Rhine Falls Experience at Laufen castle with panorama glass lift, Belvedere trail, Historama castle museum and viewing platform Kanzeli
Guided walk through the medieval old town of Stein am Rhein
Meals and beverages
Optional boat ride in the Rhine basin, subject to availability (CHF 10.00 per adult / CHF 5.00 per child)
For check-in we require your confirmation details and proof of identity (ID). It is not necessary to print out the voucher. An electronic ticket on your smart phone or tablet is sufficient.
- Up to 33 days prior to tour start: 10% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
- 32 to 15 days prior to tour start: 30% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
- 14 to 8 days prior to tour start: 50% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
- 7 to 0 days prior to tour start: 100% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.