Summary of The Day: Explore Reykjavik with a local guide and learn about special traditions and Icelandic folklore related to magical New Year’s Eve in Iceland.
Our first stop is to purchase fireworks organized by the Icelandic Rescue Teams. Each year on December 31st, Icelanders light up over 600 tons of fireworks...that’s nearly 5 pounds per inhabitant!
Next we'll visit the old Reykjavik cemetery and hear the mysterious tale of the graveyard caretaker and why the dead rise from their crypts on New Year’s Eve. Then it's off to Hafnarfjordur, famous for its elf population. There we'll visit an elf stone. Keep in mind that the mystical "hidden people" roam freely on New Year’s Eve!
Our excursion ends in a beautiful clearing where we'll light a small bonfire, toast to life and love and say farewell to the passing year in traditional Icelandic fashion!
In the evening, delight in the New Year’s Eve dinner artistically prepared and made from fresh local ingredients straight from Icelandic farmers and greenhouses and the neighboring ocean.
Indulge yourself in various artisanal starters, hearty entrees of free-range mountain lamb and endless tasty desserts. Fireworks are lit all night long, reaching a high point at midnight, when the sky lights up for a few minutes as the fire trucks and harbored ships ring their bells and blow their horns to welcome the New Year.
After midnight, the nightclubs and pubs are open for business and the downtown area becomes a veritable catwalk of Icelanders outfitted in their finest holiday glitz, with dancing and celebrating going well into the morning. On the biggest party night in a city renowned for its nightlife, New Year’s Eve in Reykjavik is the stuff of legends.
Summary of The Day: Today you'll say farewell and step into the new year. Check-out time is at noon, but please be sure to check out and leave the hotel at least three hours before your flight is scheduled to depart.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 2-11 years of age, sharing a room with two adults
* This tour is not suitable for children below the age of 2.
* Prices for Single Occupancy apply when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
* Prices for Double/Triple Occupancy apply when two/three people stay in one standard hotel room.
3-night accommodations at Grand Hotel Reykjavik
Guided walking and coach tour of folklore and New Year’s traditions
New Year’s Eve four-course dinner with live music
Sparkling wine with strawberries and canapes served pre and post dinner
- 30 or more days prior to tour departure date: 10% of booking price is charged
- 22-29 days prior to tour departure date: 25% of booking price is charged
- 21-8 days prior to tour departure date: 50% of booking price is charged
- 7 days prior to tour departure date: non-refundable
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.