Paris - Mumm Champagne House - Reims Cathedral - Mercier Champagne House - Paris
Summary of The Day: Full day excursion from Paris to the city of Reims and its region, known all over the world for the production of a unique and prestigious product that needs no introduction: Champagne. As part of this tour, your guide will show you the majestic 13th-Century Reims Cathedral, where the coronations of the Kings of France once took place. You will also visit Mumm and Mercier, two famous Champagne houses, where you can taste Champagne and admire the picturesque landscape of the region's vineyards.
Set off from our agency in the center of Paris at 8:00am for a memorable day in the Champagne Region to the east of Paris (arrival scheduled for around 10:30am).
Begin your excursion with an audio guide tour of the cellars of the famous Mumm Champagne house, where you will learn about their expertise and the secrets behind the creation of their many Champagnes. At the end of your tour, you'll get a sample of Red Ribbon, one of the most popular Champagnes in the world.
Your excursion continues with a guided tour of Reims's imposing cathedral, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A Gothic masterpiece and site of the coronations of the Kings of France, Reims Cathedral is well-known for its many statues and extraordinary 13th-Century stained glass windows.
Spend your free time exploring Reims city center and enjoy lunch in one of the many restaurants in beautiful Erlon Square, for example. Sample the many specialties of the region, such as white pudding, a type of sausage from Rethel; Chaource and Langres cheeses; and Reims pink biscuits.
The afternoon offers an opportunity to explore the surrounding countryside and its pretty villages, forests and prestigious Champagne vineyards that stretch as far as the eye can see. On arrival in Epernay, we'll visit our second Champagne house of the day, Mercier, founded in 1858. You will travel by automated train to a depth of 100 feet to visit the huge cellars, before finishing your tour with a Champagne tasting.
Departure from Epernay is scheduled for 4:00pm, returning to Paris at around 6:30pm.
Apr to Oct:
- Mon: English, Spanish, French and Russian
- Tue: English, Spanish, Italian and Japanese
- Wed: English, French and Portuguese
- Thu: English, French, Spanish and Japanese
- Fri: English, French, Portuguese and Chinese
- Sat: English, Spanish, French and Italian
- Sun: English, French, Portuguese and Japanese
Nov to Mar:
- Tue: English, Spanish, French and Japanese
- Fri: English, Spanish, French and Chinese
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 3-11 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 3.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Transport to and from Paris in luxury air-conditioned coach
Participants will have the opportunity to purchase Champagne during the tour.
Technical and general information is provided during the cellar visit.
It is cool in the cellars; please bring warm clothing.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Please Note: The disabled traveler must be able to walk up and down the stairs of the motor coach when boarding as the bus will not be equipped with a wheelchair lift. We also recommend that there be someone in your group to help assist you when needed.
You are welcomed to bring a folding wheelchair, please do leave a note in the comment box when placing your reservation online that you intend to bring this along with you.
Regretfully, we are unaware of tour providers that caters to disabled passengers.