Summary of The Day: Your airport transfer will be waiting for you to transport you to Haka Lodge Queenstown.
Check-in available from 2:00pm, though feel free to drop off your gear if you arrive earlier.
We are located centrally, so cafes, restaurants and bars are just a short stroll away. We'll get started officially at 4:30pm with a welcome meeting where you will meet your tour manager and other tour members.
Tonight we “break the ice” at Minus 5 Ice Bar followed by a shared dinner in at the Rhino Shack, but before we do that, if you've opted to hire ski/snowboard gear we'll pick that up.
Summary of The Day: Breakfast is between 7:30am and 8:00am this morning with an 8:15am departure to Cardrona.
Cardrona is renowned among skiers and boarders for inspiring terrain and dry, natural snow. With 320 hectares of wide, undulating trails, open slopes, steep chutes and awesome terrain parks, there’s something here for all to enjoy.
A wide area of the mountain is serviced by chair lifts, so access is easy and queues are rare. Cardrona's three basins offer wide-open spaces and a mix of terrain that's suitable for snowboarders and skiers of all abilities. On-mountain facilities include five cafes, a shop, hire facilities and a workshop.
With over 20 national and international skiing and snowboarding events held at Cardrona each year, we may make slight amendments to our tour itinerary if we feel any events would add value to your Haka Snow experience.
For those that have selected a “Beginner” your morning on the mountain starts with your first lesson at 10:20am and the second at 1:00pm.
Summary of The Day: On offer today for your delight: wide open trails, native Keas, powder snow, spectacular views, sun drenched terrain and unforgettable runs. There's terrain here like you have never seen before, and, if you're prepared to exercise the legs a little, you will discover some of the longest off-piste runs around.
The Remarks (as it’s known to the locals) is set in a vast natural amphitheatre high in the rugged ranges at the eastern end of Queenstown’s Lake Wakatipu. Being so far up is a major plus, giving the ski field a long, reliable season - and the north-facing aspect makes it a natural sun-trap.
If you purchased a “Beginner,” then today you have your final lesson, to get you ready for Coronet Peak.
Summary of The Day: With outstanding views over Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu, Coronet Peak is the oldest and most developed ski area in the South Island. Spread across a broad mountain, the field is wide and sunny with an astounding variety of runs, and the on-field facilities are some of the best around.
Coronet Peak has dedicated slopes for first timers, long, wide groomed trails and plenty of choice for more experienced skiers. Once you know the ropes, you'll enjoy the vertical off the express quad, or exploring the rolling terrain with plenty of dips and drops for great variety. For boarders, Coronet Peak is a natural terrain park, full of endless hits and powder stashes!
If you have not yet sampled the local nightlife, be sure to head out with your fellow travelers for a hot meal and some liquid refreshment.
Your guide will see you tomorrow morning for a farewell breakfast before some of you head off home.
Please speak to your guide today if you require airport transports on Day 5.
* Customers under 18 years old are not permitted on this tour.
* The included accommodation is dorm share with maximum 6 guests.
* Due to limited availability at time of booking, multi-share accommodation for two or more guests may be provided in separate rooms. Every endeavor will be made to ensure this does not occur, but should this be necessary you will be advised at check-in.
* Tour prices are based on NZD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Expert tour manager
4 nights’ accommodation at Haka Lodge Queenstown
“Break the Ice” with an Antarctic Experience including a cocktail, shared buffet dinner at Rhino’s Ski Shack
3 x Lift passes to 3 different mountains
Hire gear (on the Beginner and Lift Pass and Hire packs)
Lunches and dinners (unless stated)
Optional activity (availability subject to change)
- Nevis bungy
- Milford sound trip
- Kawarau bridge bungy
- Extreme jet boating
- Horse trekking at Glenorchy
- Skydiving over the Remarks
Within New Zealand travel, each passenger is entitled to take one case, the sum of its length, width and depth not to exceed 160 cm (63 inches), weight limit 20 kilos along with a small day pack. Airlines permit only one cabin bag per person, in which personal items such as cameras, make-up etc. should be carried, though you need to check with your airline provider as to their specific requirements. Over-limit luggage cannot be carried.
- Cancel outside 30 days - 10% of tour cost
- Within 30 days - 50% of tour cost
- Within 7 days - 100% of tour cost
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.