Summary of The Day: This walking tour leads you along the cool and shady passageways of Prague Castle. As you stroll through the Royal Palace, St. Vitus' Cathedral, St. George's Basilica, lobkowicz Place and Golden Lane, your guide will narrate the history behind the castle's centuries-old stones. Discover the castle's varied history before walking through the Lesser Town to Charles Bridge.
We'll travel by bus to the Prague Castle and then begin our walking tour Our guide will take you on a tour of the cool and shady passageways of Prague Castle. You'll stroll through the Royal Palace, St. Vitus Cathedral, St. George Basilica, and Golden Lane, acquainting you with all the important historical details of the Castle. the Prague Castle is the largest coherent castle complex in the world, with an area of almost 70,000 m². A UNESCO World Heritage site, it consists of a large-scale composition of palaces and ecclesiastical buildings of various architectural styles, from Roman-style buildings of the 10th century through Gothic modifications in the 14th century.
The Lobkowicz Place, the only privately owned building in the Prague Castle complex, is home to the highly acclaimed lobkowicz Collections. Highlights from the Museum include works by masters such as Canaletto, Brueghel the Elder, Cranach, and Velázquez; an impressive display of family and royal portraits; fine porcelain, ceramics and rare decorative arts dating from the 16th to 20th centuries; an extensive collection of military and sporting rifles from the 16th to 18th centuries; musical instruments, original scores and manuscripts by Beethoven and Mozart, including Beethoven’s 4th and 5th symphonies and Mozart’s re-orchestration of Handel’s Messiah. You will hear important details of European history and the six-hundred-year history of the lobkowicz family, including the dramatic story of how the family lost everything twice and got it back - twice.
This tour will end in the vicinity of Prague Castle's Eastern gate.
This tour is available in English, German, Russian, French, Spanish and Italian.
Please indicate your language of choice during booking.
This tour takes place daily at 1:30pm (13:30) from Narodni street 38.
This tour departs from Narodni Street 38, Prague.
Please arrive at the departure location 20 mins prior to departure time.
Children younger than 2 years old may participate for free.
Cancellations made within 2 hours of service date will be charged in full; more than 2 hours notice is fully refundable.
During the spring and summer, we recommend that you wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
During the fall and winter, we recommend that you wear layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.