Summary of The Day: Are you up for the best beer and culinary tour in Prague? Then let’s go!
Let us lead you on this tour of the most reputable beer sanctuaries in the city. A local tour guide leads this Prague beer tour along tram and Metro rides to visit five beer halls where you’ll sample five beers (0.3 L) and four typical Czech "beer tapas."
While appreciating the delicious Czech beer, you will also hear stories about exciting moments in the country’s history and Czech lifestyle, from the Middle Ages through Communism to the present.
We will begin our Prague food tour at the statue of the Czech patron saint, Saint Wenceslas, on top of Wenceslas Square (Vaclavske namesti). It was here that many demonstrations took place during Communism and the Velvet Revolution in 1989 that brought down totalitarian rule.
Next up on our beer tour, we'll hop on the tram in search of a truly hidden gem at Vinohrady, where, aside from a jolly and cozy atmosphere, this beer cellar and garden also serves up 27 different Czech microbrewery beers! Don't worry, we'll help you choose. We'll also savor some pickled sausage, one of the most famous Czech beer snacks, which is served with onion and pepper. In our opinion, this place does it best in all of Prague, and trust us...we've done our homework.
Time to switch gears, but who knows where we'll end up next! As local experts, we've always got our eyes peeled for what's going on in the city, so the next stop will vary based on the season and what's happening - who has the most interesting beer on today, which pub has a band playing, etc. It's up to you and your guide where you head to for this part of the adventure!
Next, we will take the metro back to the Old Town for a legendary stop at the pub where the very first Pilsner Urquell draught was tasted in 1843. Of course, you’ll get to sample Pilsner Urquell, the most famous Czech beer, from a tank rather than a keg. That means that the beer contains less CO2 and therefore tastes much better. It is very difficult to find this kind of beer abroad. There is no better place to tell beer-related stories in Prague than in this pub. You will also learn about the birth of Pilsner, one of the most famous beers in the world, and which will be helpful in washing down a true Bohemian specialty - finely smoked pork neck with homemade potato pancakes and Bohemian-style white cabbage. Deeeelish!
After sampling the world-renowned Pilsner Urquell, we shift gears and head to a rather cozy new brewery pub near the Old Town Square, where we'll finish up our Prague beer tour in style, with new friends and stories you'll remember for a long, long time.
As there are just too many fantastic beer halls to fit into one tour, at the end of this Prague beer tour you will be given a map of Prague’s best beer halls, which point out some of our other favorites spots in the city!
End Location: Husova 232/10 st., Old Town, Prague 1.
* You must be at least 18 years old to join the tour.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Please check in at the departure location 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Dress standard: casual clothes are appropriate.
You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
We reserve the right to change the the course of the tour and places visited in case one of the beer venues is closed.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.