Potsdam is Berlin's most popular day-trip destination and for good reason. It's a veritable playground for biking with many Prussian and Cold War sights tucked deep in parks and along quiet alleyways. Come prepared for an action-filled day!
We start by taking the train from our TV Tower shop for the 25+ km journey to Potsdam, where your bike will be waiting for you. In 6.5 - 7 hours, including transport time, our tour covers about 16 km (10 miles) so there is a bit more biking than our other tours; however, Potsdam is also quite flat with lots of sights and stops.
Here are some of the many reasons why we think you'll love our Potsdam Bike Tour:
• Realizing that with its 20+ palaces, numerous parks and gardens, unique WWII and Cold War history, and distinct present-day flair, Potsdam is far more than the Versailles of Berlin, but rather earning of its UNESCO World Heritage status in many ways.
• Appreciating the power, lifestyle, and grandeur of the Hohenzollern legacy through their various lavish gardens, parks, and palaces.
• Understanding the impact the Potsdam Agreement (signed at Cecilienhof) had on Europe to close out World War II and foreshadowing an era of tension and distrust in the ensuing Cold War. Entry and audio guide into Cecilienhof Palace are included and we give you plenty of time to explore the interior!
• Comparing the Potsdam of today - a vibrant university city filled with creative minds and energy - against the backdrop of life under communism behind the Iron Curtain.
At the end of our tour we will journey on the train back to our shop in Alexanderplatz.
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 12 and younger
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Transportation to/from Potsdam (S-Bahn)
Comfortable cruiser or city-style bike
Helmet (provided but optional)
Cecilienhof Palace entrance fees and audio guide
Experienced, English-speaking guide
Option to keep your bike after tour at a discounted rate
We always stop at each site, so there's plenty of time to take great pictures!
We will be stopping for lunch at a great restaurant. Please note that food is not included in the tour price.
We have kid's seats, kid's bikes in various sizes, and kid's chariot trailers; this way we can fit kids of all ages.
We'll take the train to Potsdam, where our bikes will be waiting for us. Train tickets are included in the price of the tour.
Each bike has an easy-to-use luggage rack, perfect for small bags or extra layers. Larger bags can be locked up in our shop during the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.