Summary of The Day: This day trip to the beautiful town of Potsdam begins in the center of Berlin at Hackescher Markt. Traveling by train, we'll travel the short journey to Potsdam, where you'll spend the day strolling through royal gardens, drinking in spectacular views of the Hohenzollern palaces over lakes and rivers as you explore one of Germany's best kept secrets. We will enter Potsdam by walking over the Bridge of Spies, once used to swap spies between US and Soviet forces during the Cold War. From there you'll get a view of the gothic-style Babelsberg Palace as you make your way to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Neuer Garten (New Garden).
Hidden amongst the trees, next to the Holy Lake, you will be guided along winding paths to the Victorian-style Cecilienhof Palace. Completed during WWI, the palace would become most famous for housing the Potsdam Conference between Truman, Churchill, and Stalin, where the Big Three would shape the future of Germany and Europe in the wake of WWII.
Next up we'll make our way into Potsdam's 17th-century town center to see the Dutch quarter, and pause at one of several restaurants and cafes to take a well-earned break. Saving the best till last, we'll then make our way through Potsdam's own Brandenburg Gate on our way to Frederick the Great's Sans Souci Palace and Gardens, where you will see the Church of Peace, Schloss Sans Souci, and finish the tour next to the king's grave.
The tour ends next to Sans Souci palace. From there you are welcome to stay and explore more of Potsdam at your own pace, or join your guide on the train back to Berlin.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 26 and older
* Youth: 12-25 years of age
* Children below the age of 12 (accompanied by an adult) are free of charge.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
There is a short 20-minute break on the tour, during which you may avail yourself of food, drink, and toilets.
We use public transport to reach Potsdam. If you have a valid rail pass, please bring it with you or buy a train ticket from the guide (ABC ticket, EUR 3.30 each way or day pass at EUR 7.60).
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
To place your order for a reservation online, simply select your desired tour start date and the number of rooms you need/ travelers you are booking for on the upper right portion of the tour information page, then click on "BOOK NOW".