Summary of The Day: Are you ready to eat your way through Porto?
The city is known the world over for its visual appeal, but very few visitors have had the pleasure of sampling Porto's culinary delights. This is one city tour you won't want to miss.
We'll take you on an exploration of some of the city's most beautiful locales: balconies overlooking the river, the iconic neighbourhood of Miragaia, the less frequented streets and alleys, and popular taverns, markets, and cafes.
We'll begin with a morning custom in Portugal: coffee with a Pastel de Nata, or egg tart, in a cafe more than 200 years old.
You'll get to taste the bacalhau codfish, and learn about the influence of the former colonies on Portugal's culture and cuisine, as well as the connection we have with the river and sea.
You'll sample Eduardinho, a locally-made liquor, and authentic specialties like punheta de bacalhau, tripas a moda do Porto, Chamuca (codfish, tripe and samosas), and Porto's signature dish, the Francesinha. The secret is in the sauce, and we only go to a place that uses the original recipe. Trust us, we know where the best Porto food is at!
We'll finish off with the nectar of gods: Port wine!
This tour ends at the Tourism Office, Gustavo Eiffel Av. 280, near the D. Luis Bridge and Guindais Funicular.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6-11 years of age
* Children under 6 years of age join the tour for free.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Please arrive at the departure point 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to begin.
No more than 8 people per group.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.