Summary of The Day: This tour is a great opportunity for nature lovers and those in search of adventure to have a unique mountain climbing experience just 2 hours away from Mexico City. We will ascend the third highest mountain in the country, the dormant volcano Iztaccihuatl, and view the world from above.
Our day starts early, at 6:45am. After picking up the members of our group, we will travel nonstop eastbound from Mexico City to Tlalmanalco in the State of Mexico. There, at the foot of the volcano, we will have breakfast (choice of quesadillas, tamales, birria or other dishes).
We will continue our journey by car to La Joya in the famous Paso de Cortes. It is here where our ascent up the mountain begins. We will take an intermediate route which can be enjoyed by both beginners and seasoned mountain climbers. Depending on the condition of the members in our group we will climb from 2.5 to 3 miles (4200-4800 meters) high. We'll take time to take pictures of the beautiful views and relax before we begin our descent and return to Mexico City. We will return at approximately 6:00pm.
Bring sunglasses, a scarf, boots or closed-toe shoes, and a jacket.
In order to protect your personal property, please carry valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.