Summary of The Day: Departing Melbourne at around midday, this small group day tour encapsulates the very best of the region’s wildlife and gourmet delights.
Leaving Melbourne we travel to Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park. Here, we enjoy a guided wildlife walk where we have the opportunity to meet and hand-feed many species of native Australian animals. Learn about iconic species such as kangaroos, koalas, emus & wallabies, as well as some of our lesser known favorites including quolls, owls, bandicoots & Tasmanian devils.
We’ll journey next to the delightful Phillip Island Winery where we’ll enjoy a gourmet afternoon tea featuring not only a range of locally produced wines, but also a selection of Gippsland’s finest cheeses and other gourmet produce. The tasting is accompanied by an informative presentation about each of the foodstuffs sampled, ensuring an experience that is educational as well as truly mouth-watering.
A visit to Point Grant and The Nobbies gives us an opportunity to enjoy views over Westernport Bay and Bass Strait, including Seal Rocks, home to Australia’s largest population of fur seals.
And then it’s onwards to the main event, where just after dark every night the world’s smallest penguins waddle ashore after spending the day fishing out at sea. You’ll be truly enchanted as the stars of the show emerge from the surf and pass right before your eyes on their journey back to their homes. Your guide will ensure you are able to get the very best vantage point to enjoy the Penguin Parade and will help to keep you toasty warm with a complimentary hot cuppa.
For an exclusive viewing experience, upgrade to the more personalized “Penguins Plus” viewing platform. With numbers limited to 150, you’ll enjoy special ranger interpretation in a more natural setting. This option also includes a complimentary hot beverage.
After the parade we allow plenty of time to explore the Visitor Center before beginning our own journey back to Melbourne.
With drop off right back to your inner city accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight of your Australian holiday.
We also offer other tour options that you can add on to the original tour or even upgrade with the ultimate Private Penguin Parade Experience:
The Penguins Plus viewing platform is an exclusive viewing area at the Penguin parade. The main viewing area at the Penguin Parade is a concrete terraced area that holds around 3000 people. The Penguins Plus boardwalk has a maximum capacity of 150 people and is also located in an area that always experiences high penguin traffic. That is, about 50-60% of the penguins arrive close to the Penguins Plus boardwalk, so you get more penguins and less people.
Includes access to the "Penguins Plus" exclusive boardwalk at Penguin Parade. Includes free hot beverage.
Guided Ranger Tour
Small group (max 10) ranger-guided tour at the Penguin Parade. Includes priority seating on beach in front of main viewing area & access to the Penguins Plus boardwalk.
Penguins Plus Underground Viewing (available since April 1, 2017)
Get a bird’s-eye view of the Little penguins in the brand new RACV Underground viewing experience. Limited to a maximum of just 70 people, this world-first facility gives you the chance to watch the Little penguins waddling along the Penguin Parade’s most popular pathway, at eye-level. Enjoy the closest possible viewing of the Little penguins in their natural habitat with the comfort and convenience of being undercover and out of the elements.
Pickup: Besides the Central Departure Point at Rendezvous Hotel (328 Flinders St, Melbourne) at 11:50am, we can also supply complimentary pickup service from the major hotels in Melbourne city from 11:00am. The actual pick up time depends upon the specific pick up location.
Drop off: Return to hotels. Drop off times vary seasonally - from 9:00pm to midnight.
Please note that during peak periods from December 26, 2016 to January 5, 2017, and January 21 to February 4, 2017, the bookings for the upgraded option of "Penguins Plus Viewing" will be subject to availability.
Effective April 1, 2017:
- After departing Melbourne we will journey to the city’s most colorful attraction - the iconic Brighton Beach bathing boxes - for an opportunity to visit the beach and take some time to admire these historic landmarks before continuing the journey through Moonli Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park.
- We will no longer visit the Philip Island Winery. Instead, we will spend more time at the exceptional Moolit Sanctuary and you will be able to enjoy the spectacular daily "Conservation in Action" Wildlife Show, which is genuinely memorable 30-minute experience which provides wonderful insights into some relatively lesser-known native species including the spotted quoll, the dingo, the tawny frogmouth and the barking owl.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 0-15 years old
* Guided Ranger Tour is for adult only.
* Penguins Underground Tour will not be available until April 1, 2017.
* Maximum pax per vehicle: 24
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Hotel pickup and deluxe coach transfers with commentary
Guided tour at Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Park
Wine, cheese & other gourmet tastings at a boutique regional winery (before April 1, 2017)
Nobbies & Seal Rocks
Guide accompanies group at Penguin Parade
Access to the “Penguins Plus” exclusive boardwalk at Penguin Parade (Penguins Plus Viewing only)
Free hot beverage (Penguins Plus Viewing only)
Small group (max 10) ranger-guided tour at Penguin Parade (Guided Ranger Tour only)
Priority seating on beach in front of main viewing area (Guided Ranger Tour only)
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.