Summary of The Day: Tap into Philly's legendary beer scene on this adventure through Philly's bars, pubs, and microbreweries. Make a toast in Philadelphia's oldest pub, sample craft brews, and learn about why Philly is one of America's best beer cities. Beer lovers, include this one in your Philadelphia travel plans!
In our opinion, there are few better ways to get to know a city than over a beer with a local. Enter, our Philly on Tap tour! Discover the essence of this fascinating city through the rich flavors of Philly beer, a truly unique experience for both the avid fanatic and beer beginner.
We begin your Philadelphia beer tour at the very heart of modern Philadelphia, City Hall. You'll meet your local guide and step out onto the streets of Philly, where we'll discover some of the sights and sounds of Philadelphia as people are finishing up their work day. At this time of day, many a Philly local will be beelining for the closest happy hour, and we'll do exactly the same! We'll choose from some of the most unique, typical, and popular drinking establishments in the city. We have the option to visit the oldest continuously operating bar in Philadelphia, dating back to 1860, a place where they make their own beer just steps away from your table, an Irish pub with a local flare, and many other bars and pubs. At each location, we'll talk about the history of these bars, why they are so popular, and why locals crave a unique and authentic setting to enjoy food and drinks with friends, family, and co-workers.
One drink at each bar is included with the tour, as well as a quick stop for one of the most popular snacks in the city, a perfect accompaniment for your Philadelphia beer. The bars we visit all have one thing in common - a taste for Philadelphia's local craft beers and breweries! You'll quickly find out why Philadelphia is one of America's best beer cities, and learn the names and tastes of places such as Philadelphia Brewing Co., Victory, Yards, Troegs, Flying Fish, Sly Fox, Dogfish Head, Nodding Head, and Dock Street Brewing Co.
After happy hour, end your Philadelphia bar tour at Rittenhouse Square, a perfect location for you to continue on your Philly beer journey, grab some dinner at many of Philadelphia's best restaurants nearby, or head straight back to your new favorite Philadelphia pub.
Ending point: The final pub of the tour, in Center City.
A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable. Make sure to check the weather report for rain!
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Loved it and would definitely recommend it to both locals and tourists. We got to learn a lot about Philly and also meet and interact with other interesting people. I'm excited to flaunt my new beer history and brewing knowledge to my frien...ds.Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.