Summary of The Day: This afternoon you will travel south-east, heading to Westernport Bay. The route will take you through many of Melbourne’s affluent suburbs where you will see tree lined streets and beautiful homes, many built in the late 1800s. As the South Gippsland Highway approaches the landscape becomes more rural dotted with smaller townships and farming properties.
First stop is Maru Koala & Animal Park for up close and personal encounters with koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian Devils and much more!
Then, you’ll cross the only bridge that connects Phillip Island to the mainland. Home to the famous Penguin Parade, Phillip Island also features a stunning coastline with great surf conditions and a range of wildlife including the largest colony of fur seals in Australia. It is also the location of our Motorcycle Grand Prix track, so it’s no wonder this island paradise attracts up to 3½ million visitors each year.
Before reaching the site of the Penguin Parade you’ll see the ‘Nobbies’, so named for its unique rock formations. Located at the western tip of the island, this area has high conservation significance due to its population of penguins and graceful sea birds.
So you think the koalas are cute – just wait until you see the Little Penguins. After visiting the information centre and souvenir shop, you will head down to Summerland Beach to witness some penguin magic. Just as the sun sets, the wild Little Penguins emerge from the sea after a hard days fishing and waddle across the sand to their dune burrows.
These Little Penguins are the smallest of the penguin species and Phillip Island is home to the largest colony in the world. It’s easy to understand why this wonderful spectacle is one of Australia’s most popular wildlife attractions. To protect these Little Penguins, all revenue generated from the parade is invested into environment and education projects.
This tour departs from Melbourne Day Tour Centre, Federation Square East, corner Flinders & Russell Streets, Melbourne or your CBD hotel. In some instances, we may need to pick up from a nearby hotel if we cannot pick up directly from your accommodation due to restrictions beyond our control.
This tour departs at 1:15pm and returns between 9:30pm and 11:30pm depending on the season.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.