Summary of The Day: With its ostentatious Baroque Revival design, the Palais Garnier is undoubtedly one of the most extravagant representations of Second Empire architecture in France. Follow in the footsteps of 19th-century high society on this 90-minute guided tour of Palais Garnier. Conceived by architect Charles Garnier and completed in 1875, the opera house is one of the largest of its kind in Europe.
The first stop on our tour will be the Rotonde des Abonnes, or Members Rotunda, once the formal reception hall for guests of the opera. Here your guide will point out Garnier's signature traits in the rich tapestry of arabesques.
Throughout the tour, the official Opera de Paris guide will point out the pieces of note among the vast collection of paintings and sculptures housed within Palais Garnier. We'll encounter the writhing snakes of the bronze Pythonisse sculpture before we climb the double staircase, or Grand Escalier, up and into immense foyers flush with sparkling mosaics, colorful marble columns and gold-leaf embellishments.
12/4/2016 at 2:30pm
12/18/2016 at 2:30pm, 3:00pm
1/7/2017 at 2:30pm
1/8/2017 at 2:30pm
2/5/2017 at 11:00am
2/12/2017 at 2:30pm
2/18/2017 at 2:30pm
2/19/2017 at 2:30pm
3/2/2017 at 2:30pm
3/5/2017 at 11:00am
4/22/2017 at 2:30pm
4/30/2017 at 2:30pm
5/13/2017 at 2:30pm, 3:00pm, 3:30pm
5/14/2017 at 2:30pm, 3:00pm
5/20/2017 at 2:30pm, 3:00pm, 3:30pm
6/11/2017 at 11:00am
6/25/2017 at 2:30pm, 3:00pm
6/26/2017 at 2:30pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 11 and older
* Child: 5-10 years of age
* Children under 5 years of age are not allowed on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when cancelled.
Due to heightened security measures participants are now asked to arrive at the meeting point 30 minutes before scheduled departure.
Please present your voucher at the Guided Tours counter inside Palais Garnier 30 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart.
Access to the auditorium is sometimes limited for technical or artistic reasons.
The ID card or passport is required as guarantee for the broadcast system. One ID per voucher.
The local provider reserves the right to change the itinerary on the day of the tour to comply with last-minute requests from Palais Garnier staff.
Please be punctual. Those arriving late will not be accommodated and are ineligible for a refund.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.