Rome - Vatican City - Rome
Summary of The Day: Get the ultimate Vatican experience on your next trip to Rome with Papal Audience tickets to hear the Pope's speech in person and receive the Papal Blessing at either St. Peter's Square or Nervi Hall. Join dozens of other pilgrims as the Pope welcomes you to the Vatican!
You'll be picked up directly from your hotel and transferred to the Vatican, where you'll experience the Papal Audience. But first, you'll receive a short panoramic tour of via Nazionale, Piazza Venezia, Corso Vittorio, Corso Rinascimento, and Lungotevere. We'll then be dropped off at Piazza dei Tribunali and walk past Castel Sant'Angelo and via della Conillazione on our way to St. Peter's Basilica. You will check in with our guaranteed tickets at the square, passing through a metal detector. Our experienced and professional guide will take you to a spot where you will have an excellent view of the ceremony.
Then the main event will begin. Join dozens of other pilgrims as the Pope welcomes you to the Vatican! Feel free to pray or simply observe one of the most incredible, long-standing traditions in the Catholic world.
Following this spectacular ceremony we'll visit a typical Roman restaurant for lunch.
From here we'll return to Rome and take complimentary transportation to the Archaeological Area and Roman Colosseum. Here we'll take a guided tour of this ancient structure, bypassing the long lines with Skip-the-Line tickets. Our journey will lead us back in times to the earliest days of the Roman Empire, the days of bloody battles among imposing gladiators. Stand in the very sand where great warriors fought and died for the honor of the city. Gaze up over the 360 audience seats and towering Colosseum walls that have stood here for nearly 2,000 years! Let your expert guide regale of glorious duels and heartrenching tales of the arena's violent history.
Our tour does not end here though, as we exit the arena and visit the Arch of Constantine before heading to Roman Forum, the ruins of which have been excavated and opened for us to discover. Learn about the complex and scandalous Roman politics that shaped the history of the Western world. Next, we'll encounter the breathtaking Palatine Hill, ending our tour in one of the most ancient parts of the city.
- Due to limited sunlight in winter (November-March) the afternoon tour will visit Capitoline Hill instead of Palatine.
|Per Person||USD $116.91|
|Child (3-8)||USD $93.53|
- Pick-up at specified hotels in Rome
- Booking and collection of Papal Audience tickets
- Guaranteed admission to the Audience
- Skip the Line entrance to the Colosseum
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Drop-off service at the hotel
- Optional tips
- Tour only operates on Wednesdays.
- Tour starts at 7:30 AM with the Papal Audience, according to the Holy Father's schedule.
- If you are not staying in a listed hotel, we ask you to meet the group at the reach I Love Rome Office (Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando 95, in front of the Grand Hotel – Metro A Line – Repubblica Stop).
- Tour ends at 5:30 PM approx. in the Archaeological Area.
- You can select this tour in English, Spanish, German, French and Portuguese.
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the Colosseum.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7