Summary of The Day: Ready to learn the ins and outs of Panama City? This Panama City walking tour will take you on a journey from the canal up into the hills, back down to the markets and to the city’s historic neighbourhood. You’ll learn all the Panama know how with your local guide who will be filling you with plenty of interesting info and fun facts on this ultimate Panama City tour.
After being picked up from the American Trade Hotel by your local guide, you’ll begin this tour by heading to the Miraflores Locks in the legendary Panama Canal. Here you’ll be able to see the ships on their journey through one of the most famous canals the world, which connects the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. This part of your Panama Canal tour will tell you all you need to know about this incredible feat of engineering, with help from your local guide and a tour of the museum dedicated to the Canal.
Next, you’ll continue your Panama City tour my taking a trip up to Cerro Ancon. This giant hill provides mesmerising panoramic views over Panama City and the Panama Canal, making it the best place in the region to look out over your surroundings. Up here, it’s normal to see all kinds of wildlife, as well as spot the giant Panama flag that flies here - largest one in Panama, so it’s hard to miss!
You’ll then descend from the dizzy heights of Cerro Ancon and head down into a local artisan market. Here your local guide will fill you in on the market culture in Panama City, and it’s a spot where you can pick up some local handicrafts, the perfect gift for people back home (or just for yourself!). From here you’ll head to Amador Causeway to take in the view of the Bridge of the Americas, grab bite a bite to eat, and enjoy a little nature walk on the Smithsonian owned Punta Culebra.
The final part of your Panama City walking tour will be spent wandering through the old historic district of Casco Viejo, which is so beautiful that it was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here your local guide will be pointing out landmarks and important features of the neighbourhood, the secrets that only the locals know. Finally, your local guide will drop you off back at the American Trade Hotel, so you can take a well-deserved rest and reflect on all you’ve learnt about the awesome Panama City!
Ending point: American Trade Hotel in Casco Viejo, Avenida Central and Calle 10A Oeste.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.