Summary of The Day: Discover one of the most gorgeous natural wonders in Turkey with a day trip from Bodrum to the unique travertine terraces of Pamukkale (literally “Cotton Castles” in Turkish) and the ancient ruins of Hierapolis.
Heading out of Bodrum by air-conditioned coach, we'll head straight to Pamukkale, known as the “8th Wonder of the World” to those in the know. Here we'll explore the natural landscape of limpid pools, hot springs and travertine, terraces of carbonate minerals left by flowing water. Inscribed by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage Site in 1988, Pamukkale attracts some 2 million visitors every year. Get a view of the terraces from the hills on the opposite side of the valley in the town of Denizli.
Then, we'll play archaeologists and uncover the ruins of the ancient Greek-Roman city of Hierapolis, built on top of the “Cotton Castles” in the 2nd century BC. Wander through the remains of the Roman amphitheater and visit the former Turkish Bath, now converted to an archaeological museum.
We'll also encounter the pools where Cleopatra used to swim, the monumental tomb of the Christian apostle St. Philippe, and the Necropolis of Anatolia, filled with sarcophagi, most notably that of Marcus Aurelius Ammianos.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.