Summary of The Day: We offer a one-of-a-kind day trip to Oxford sought out by travelers everywhere. From colleges to cottages, Oxford has so many intriguing places it deserves a full-day excursion of its own, not just an afterthought tacked on to another itinerary. From the magical locations used in the Harry Potter films to one of the most prestigious universities in the world, Oxford demands your undivided attention.
Escape from the hustle and bustle of London; board a train taking you through the English countryside to the picturesque city of Oxford, home to one of the most prestigious universities in the world.
The University of Oxford is made up of 38 separate colleges, the sum of which forms a magical and fascinating city filled with students on bicycles riding down narrow streets, peaceful meadows by the river, hidden courtyards and quadrangles, and last but not least, the Bridge of Sighs.
Your guide will take inside the awe-inspiring Christ Church College, where you will see the Great Hall that served as a model for Hogwarts Hall in the Harry Potter franchise. As you stand amongst the long wooden tables that seem to stretch to infinity and admire the portraits lining the walls, you can almost imagine yourself surrounded by young magicians eager to begin their lessons in witchcraft. The 16th century staircase leading up to the Great Hall has also appeared in several films, as have the 1,000 year-old cloisters.
After your guided tour of Oxford, you will be given time to explore the rest of the city at your leisure. Your guide will accompany you on the train to and from Oxford so as to ensure that your trip is stress-free from start to finish.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 4.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Guided walking tour of Oxford
Entrance to Christ Church
Round-trip train ride from London
English-speaking tour guide
Small groups of 25 or fewer
Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
It is the responsibility of all those joining the tour to be at the meeting point 25 minutes before scheduled departure time. Guests arriving late will not be accommodated; tickets for missed tours are not eligible for a refund.
We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs or those requiring special assistance. Strollers and baby carriages are not permitted on this tour.
Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
Please note that the Great Hall and Chapel at Christ Church sometimes close without notice. In the event of an unannounced closure, we will visit a similar attraction nearby.
We will do our best to be punctual and follow the itinerary. Unforeseen circumstances and other issues beyond our control do compel us to make last-minute changes on rare occasions.
The local operator reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or staff.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.