Summary of The Day: Departing from Quito through the Pan-American North Highway we'll arrive at Cayambe, where the passengers will have the opportunity to taste the delicious “Bizcochos de Cayambe,” a type of cracker or bread baked in a clay oven (greatly paired with local cheese or caramel sauce).
Afterwards, we will make a brief stop at “Miralago” to admire a wonderful view of Lago San Pablo. The tour will continue to Otavalo where the Otavaleños set up their lively market of handcrafted items.
You may choose between staying longer in Otavalo or go on to visit to the leather shops at Cotacachi. On the way to Cotacachi, we will visit a traditional workshop of Andean instruments "Ñanda Mañachi" located in Peguche and then reach Iluman, land of shamans and healers, where we will have the opportunity to witness an ancestral indigenous ritual by a Shaman.
In Cotacachi you have enough time to visit the village, shop for leather goods, and enjoy free time for lunch. Then we will return to Quito, picking up travelers in Otavalo along the way.
The bus will wait for 10 minutes at a meeting point selected by your guide in Otavalo to pick up passengers who choose to stay there and then will return to Quito with the passengers that are on board.
Hotel pickups are offered from the Sheraton, Dann Carlton, NH Collection, Swissotel, Holiday Inn, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Nu House, J.W. Marriott, Howard Johnson, and Hilton Colon. If you will be staying at an alternate hotel, please contact us to find the nearest pickup point.
Hotel pick-up and drop-off is available from the following hotels: Sheraton, Dann Carlton, Howard Johnson, JW Marriott, Holiday, Nu House, Hilton Colon, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Swissotel, and Radisson.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.