Easter Island - Rapa Nui National Park - Easter Island
Summary of The Day: Spend a day visiting the Southwestern coast of Easter Island, including the Archaeological complex of Tahai, Rano Kao Volcano and Orongo Ceremonial City.
Our first stop will be the the Tahai Ceremonial Complex, which comprises three principal ahu (statues) from north to south: Ko Te Riku (with restored eyes), Tahai, and Vai Ure.
Then we will head to Rano Kau Volcano, whose slopes offer an impressive view of the islets Motu Nui, Motu Iti, Motu Kao Kao. Rano Kau has a crater lake which is one of the island's only three natural bodies of fresh water.
Heading west, we will get to the village of Orongo; it was used between 1600 and 1866 AD to worship the birdmen. The village consists of approximately 50 elliptically shaped, shale-wall homes with a small square entry overlooking the ocean. Arranged into two uneven rows, the lower row ends at Mata Ngarahu, the sacred precinct where the Birdman used to be worshiped. This is also the location of one of the most profusely decorated petroglyphs on the island. As you explore, listen to some incredible legends about the island.
Please input your hotel address in the "Reservation Request" box on the Traveler Info page during booking.
Chile has declared sites of archaeological interest at Easter Island a national park to protect these areas. For entering two of the most interesting sites (Rano Raraku and Orongo), visitors must show a park entrance ticket. This ticket costs 60 USD, lasts for 5 days and is sold at the airport and at the CONAF office at Mataveri. Please note that it's not possible to buy this ticket in any other place and passengers will have to carry their ticket with them when taking our tours.
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing.
Note for Cruise Passengers: We can offer pick up from the port as long as the ship disembarks in Hanga Roa or Hanga Piko, in time for the tour departure. In case your cruise disembarks in Anakena or Hanga Nui or in case of unforeseen delay, we will provide a private transfer to join the rest of the group in first stop of the excursion, which will be charged additional 26 USD per person. This amount should be paid directly on the island to the tour guide. Please note that in case the cruise cannot disembark for weather conditions, we will make a full-refund of the tour.
Please present a copy of your reservation to the guide at pick-up.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.