Summary of The Day: Take a magical detour to the Palais Garnier and fall under the spell of the enchanting story, The Secret Scent of the Opera.
Cecile Saglia, a former member of the corps de ballet who became an usher following a tragic fall from the 13th step of the Grand Staircase, will tell you the legendary story of Selma Dagelsson, another famous dancer from the 1930s. Thanks to her grandson, Alvar, this story remains intact. Cecile has decided to tell the story behind closed doors, far from the Parisian crowds.
The theatrical tour takes place in the Opera Garnier, deserted after closing time, with only the charms and spells of this temple with its red-velvet curtains and unique scents to guide you.
So what was the story of Selma Dagelsson? It would take an awful lot of ink to write it all down, so why not enjoy this captivating tale by Cecile, the voice and soul of the story, relating to us how music and fragrances complement each other with their specific notes and tailored composition.
A timeless visit into the private life of the Opera Garnier.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Participants younger than 12 years old are not permitted to join the tour.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when cancelled.
English-speaking guided tour of the Opera Garnier's public areas: the Rotunda, Grand Escalier, Grand Foyer and lounges
Exclusive after-hours access from mid-September to mid-July
For artistic or technical reasons, the tour itinerary can be modified on the day of the tour itself, if so instructed by the Opera Garnier, without this giving rise to a refund.
The Opera Garnier closes its doors to guided tours at 4:45pm. Clients are requested to present themselves at the guided tours counter before 4:45pm. If they fail to do so they will be unable to undertake the guided tour - no refunds are possible.
The tour is after hours from mid-September to mid-July. During the rest 2 months it takes place at 4:30pm, during Opera Garnier opening hours (as the Opera Garnier is open to the general public till 5:30pm from mid-July to mid-September).
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.