Summary of The Day: As historical as it is marvelous, walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cite. An island sitting in the middle of the Seine River, this location was the home of kings and the site of world-changing political uprisings. Better yet, hear about the gruesome histories, revolutionary rivalries, and romantic interludes that happened in this very location as your City Wonders English-speaking guide entertains and educates you with colorful expert commentary.
Then join your guide as you visit the visually stunning Notre Dame Cathedral with its flying buttresses and gothic architecture. See for yourself why Victor Hugo chose this monument as the setting for his widely-acclaimed novel, The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Soaring spires reach toward the sky as looming gargoyles pierce you with their stony eyes. Listen as the monumental organ and imposing bell towers ring to life, creating a superbly ominous ambiance. And learn the intriguing backstory of how this captivating cathedral came to be.
Your guide will unfold the histories and mysteries forever captured within these walls, from days of antiquity to the present. Once you’ve explored the interior of the impressive edifice, the tour will continue to nearby Sainte Chapelle where you’ll be whisked past the crowds with Skip-the-Line access and straight into this hidden wonder of Paris.
Another gothic masterpiece, this former chapel of King Louis IX, also known as Saint Louis, was built in 1248. It is home to over 6,500 square feet of 13th century stained glass, two-thirds of which are recently-restored originals. Dazzling in color, this is a sparkling Parisian gem not to be missed.
Because of its popularity, this admired monument can have lines stretching upwards of hours. But not when you book this exclusive tour. Get the most out of your visit to the area, enjoy Skip-the-Line access, be enthralled by your expert guide, and save precious vacation time with this tour of both Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle.
Sites Visited Inside:
- Notre Dame
- Sainte Chapelle
The tour service ends at Sainte-Chapelle around 4:30pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 4.
* Group size: maximum 20 people
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Expert, English-speaking tour guide
Small groups of 20 people or fewer
Entrance and Skip the Line access to Sainte-Chapelle chapel
Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. Please note that all bags taken into the Sainte Chapelle will be scanned and any sharp or metal instruments will not be allowed in and will be confiscated by security staff on site.
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. We cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
Non-flash photography is permitted in both Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle.
Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
France’s tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours. There is a security line at the Sainte Chapelle with a bag scan that all visitors must pass through.
Please note that on some occasions Notre Dame may be closed at the last minute for religious services and events. In this case customers will be offered a free re-booking of this tour or a full refund.
We will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected; however, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.