Summary of The Day: Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights, is a natural light display featuring a rainbow of colors that is caused by charged solar particles colliding with the earth's magnetic field. It can best be viewed at higher altitudes like Alaska.
Free guest pick-up from 9:45 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.
Northern Lights viewing above tree line
Murphy Dome is one of the best Northern Lights viewing areas near Fairbanks and a favorite spot for many aurora photographers.
- With 2,890 feet altitude, Murphy Dome is one of the highest peaks in the Fairbanks area.
- This 360-degree horizon sets the stage for a phenomenal Northern Lights show.
- Viewing the Aurora Borealis above tree line presents you with a wide horizon and an incredible view of the Alaska night sky.
Attention: Our preferred viewing area is right on top of Murphy Dome and does not have restroom facility.
We stay warm in our 12-15 passenger van while waiting for the dancing Northern Lights.
Once your reservation has been made, this tour is non-refundable and it cannot be rescheduled.
Please notify customer service staff of your accommodation address in Fairbanks.
Duration: Approximately 5 hours, 10:00pm – 3:00am
Departure Location: Your Murphy Dome / Aurora Borealis night begins right at your Fairbanks accommodation, so you don’t need to plan how to get to us and you will save additional taxi costs.
Free guest pickup from 9:45 pm - 10:15 pm.
In Spring/Summer, we recommend you to wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes. In Fall/Winter, we recommend layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.