Summary of The Day: Nau mai, haere mai (welcome)! Your epic journey through New Zealand's scenic North Island kicks off in Auckland!
From the most populous city in the country we'll head southeast to the famous and lovely Cathedral Cove. Dip your toes in the sand as we stroll along this gorgeous coastline, a must see of the Coromandel Peninsula. Accessible only by foot or boat, you'll discover some of New Zealand's most spectacular scenery and stunning views in this beautiful coastal spot.
Next up, we'll drive to Hot Water Beach, a unique surf beach where warm water churns beneath the sandy shore. Dig a hole and climb into your own personal spa pool (tide dependent). In the afternoon there will be time for a kayaking tour (own expense) before we feast on a delicious BBQ for dinner in Hahei.
Standard accommodation in Hahei is quad share; upgrade to twin/double/single is not available.
Summary of The Day: From Hahei we'll head south to the adventure capital of the North Island, Rotorua, passing through the North Island's enchanting countryside. We'll arrive around midday in this charming city well-known for its Maori heritage, soothing spas, towering forest, and geothermal fields. Here you will get the chance to do some great optional activities, such as visit the famous Lord of the Rings set of Hobbiton or go Zorbing, a thrilling activity!
This evening you will be welcomed into the authentic Tamaki Maori Village, where you will discover Maori art, ancient rituals and traditions. Tonight we dine on a delicious hangi (Maori feast), enjoy an interactive cultural performance and the company of our Maori hosts.
Summary of The Day: Start today off with a soothing dip in the famous Rotorua bubbling mud pools. After cleaning off we'll head out to see the powerful Huka Falls, NZ's most photographed natural attraction.
Afterwards, we'll get off the beaten path to one of the North Island's most remote destinations: the award winning Blue Duck Station in Whakahoro. This 5,200 acre high country farm is both a working sheep and beef station, and an environmental conservation leader. Upon arrival in the afternoon you'll get the opportunity to take part in an included 4WD Bush Safari and farm adventure, where you'll explore this vast land and the New Zealand native bush, discover the remains of an unbelievable local history, and learn about the farm's conservation efforts. Your dinner is all cooked using local produce.
Summary of The Day: Get ready to experience UNESCO World Heritage Site of Tongariro National Park, where you’ll get the chance to do what is rated as one of the world’s best one day walks, the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.
This trek will lead us through dramatic natural scenery, past volcanic peaks, vast craters and stunning turquoise lakes on one of the most spectacular treks in New Zealand. If you're not much a hiker, you can follow one the shorter walks around this volcanic region or visit the Volcanic Centre Museum (own expense).
Summary of The Day: Today we'll leave Tongariro in the early morning to reach Wellington around midday. Get a taste of ‘Wellywood’ when you head out to the world famous Weta Workshop for an in-depth, behind the scenes look at the studio responsible for blockbuster films such as The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and Avatar.
Wellington is known as the ‘coolest little capital in the world’ thanks to Lonely Planet, and it’s a great place to check out the lively arts, shopping, craft beer and café culture scenes. As New Zealand’s capital city, it is home to New Zealand’s parliament and the iconic Beehive government building. We recommend wandering down Oriental Parade, visiting Te Papa National Museum or the botanical gardens.
Summary of The Day: Today is an express trip via National Park back to Auckland. We'll stop along the way for photo opportunities and have lunch in National Park Town, which offers great views of Mount Ngauruhoe, Mount Tongariro, and Mount Ruapehu.
We'll arrive back in Auckland in the late afternoon and end our tour. We hope you had a blast on your New Zealand journey!
We will return to the departure point at around 4:30pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 7-12 years of age
* Children younger than 7 are not permitted on the tour.
* Children aged 7 years are required to travel in an approved car seat. It is their legal guardian's responsibility to provide this.
* The standard accommodation is for a shared dormitory.
* Customers may upgrade to a twin shared room or private room.
* Standard accommodation in Hahei is shared dormitory; upgrade to twin/single is not available.
* Tour prices are based on NZD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
5-night hotel accommodations (quad share)
5 breakfasts, 4 dinners
Professional tour guide
Walk to Cathedral Cove
Visit Hot Water Beach
Maori cultural experience, including traditional hangi meal and interactive performance
See Huka Falls
4WD eco-wilderness farm adventure
Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Tongariro National Park
Weta Workshop tour
Optional activity (availability is subject to change):
- Cathedral Cove Kayaks
- White water rafting
- Volcanic Centre Museum
- The luge
Luggage should be restricted to 15kg in a single bag, plus a small day pack.
We recommend that you bring:
- Sturdy walking shoes/boots
- Hat & sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Waterproof jacket
- Insect repellent
- Motion sickness tablets
- 7 days prior to departure date: non-refundable
- 8-14 days prior to departure date: 50% of payment is refunded
- 15 days or more prior to departure date: 65% of payment is refunded
You can upgrade your accommodation to a single or twin/double private room (select this option when booking) however upgrades are subject to availability. Please note that at some destinations your private room will include an ensuite bathroom and some it won't.
Twin/Double upgrades are based on two people sharing and can only be booked if you are travelling with a companion.
The standard accommodation in the Coromandel is quad-share and upgrades are limited. If available you can upgrade on arrival and pay direct to the operator.
Tipping is not expected in New Zealand and is completely up to the guest's discretion. You are not expected to tip guides, drivers, waiters, hotel staff, etc.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.