Summary of The Day: Travel with us from Kampala to Ngamba Island, the famous Chimpanzee Island located in Lake Victoria.
We'll travel from Kampala to Entebbe Pier where we'll depart by boat across Lake Victoria. The cruise will take roughly 45 minutes and will cross the Equator along the way.
Upon landing on the shore we'll disembark and head to the sanctuary. Here we'll have a short briefing before getting to see the Chimpanzees at their morning feeding. You will have a unique opportunity for close viewing of chimpanzees in their natural environment due to the pre-arranged supplementary feeding times (11:00am & 3:00pm each day) that bring the chimpanzees to within meters of the raised walkway designed for easy viewing and provide excellent photographic opportunities.
In the relatively short amount of time you are there you will be able to see such different chimpanzee personalities amongst the group, with some whistling for food and others clapping.
While here we'll also get to visit the neighboring fishing village, discover colorful birds and other wildlife animals who thrive on the island. After enjoying your stay to the Ngamba sanctuary, we'll return to Entebbe in the afternoon and have lunch at a local hotel of your choice or a UWEC Picnic Lunch.
After lunch, we'll proceed to Uganda Wildlife Education Centre to see a variety of wild animals in their protected sections. after spending an hour here we'll head to the Botanical Gardens where you will see a variety of butterflies and birds beside Lake Victoria.
Then we'll return you to your accommodation in Kampala.
If the cancellation was made within 30 days prior to the departure date, it's non-refundable.
If cancellation was made more than 31 days prior to the departure date, 90% of payment will be refunded.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.