Summary of The Day: Get in touch with the tasty culture of NYC on this New York food tour that is a pleasure for both the body and the mind!
This New York City tour will start off at a location where many new citizens are made official, City Hall. Here at the northern edge of the colonial city, we’ll start our journey with a delicious Dutch breakfast treat - just one of many foods that has made its way over thanks to the immigrant population in NYC.
We’ll make our way in a loop around the Lower East Side, visiting 100-year old bakeries, churches, markets and historic sites. We’ll stroll the streets of Little Italy just as Lucky Luciano might have a century ago. Marvel at former and still operating synagogues and Jewish clothing stores. We’ll dive into Latin culture at the Essex St. Market and take in cultural sites like the Lower East Side Tenement Museum, and the African Burial Ground.
Finally, we’ll end up in the crowded and teaming streets of Chinatown, where you’ll feel like you're in Shanghai!
Along the way, we’ll sink our teeth into amazing stories and amazing food. Knishes, tacos, dumplings, and more. We’ll taste why New York City is the center of the world and the culinary legacy left here by those that have passed by Lady Liberty on their way to the American Dream.
Ending point: Loreley Biergarten - 7 Rivington St, New York, NY 10002.
Summers can be hot and humid, autumn can be cool, and winters downright frigid with snow. Dress according to the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Jared Goldstein was a fantastic guide. I had him all to myself as I was on my own that day and his knowledge of the area, architecture and history was fascinating. I could have gone more than 3 hours. Thanks for the best bagel ever...
Jared Goldstein is a wonderful tour guide. Besides being knowledgeable about the history and culture of the area, he knew where the specialty foods were being made. We had knishes right out of the oven, a to-die-for doughnut that was just m...inutes old, and additional treats to take with us and enjoy during the train ride home. Throughout the tour, Jared made us feel that his top priority was to make sure we had a good experience. At the end of the tour he made certain that we knew how to get home.Read full review
We experienced the Heritage tour with our wonderful guide Karen. She was very informative with a great sense of humor. We would encourage taking the opportunity to purchase the different foods offered along the way, it just makes the whole ...experience all the better. Be prepared for lots of walking.Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.