Summary of The Day: Ever wondered how Hell’s Kitchen got its name? We’ll share the most popular story! Our Find Heaven in Hell’s Kitchen tour combines the city’s cultural and culinary history, with the best sweets in New York’s busiest neighborhood—artisanal handcrafted chocolates, traditional American pies, Time Out NY’s favorite cookie, and the best Greek pastries west of Greece. You’ll leave with a full stomach and newfound knowledge of NYC.
Your tour starts in the Times Square area, where you’ll meet your licensed tour guide and the rest of your tour group, which will range from 3-16 guests for a conversational experience. We will head into the heart of Hell’s Kitchen, where you will learn more about the neighborhood’s rough and tumble past and listen to popular legends about how the area got its name—you decide which one you believe! Later in the tour, we will head further north up the culinary mecca of 9th Avenue, and you’ll learn about this avenue’s culinary and historical significance.
You may opt to book a private tour for groups of 6 or more. We can even tailor it to your personal tastes. Our tours make great birthday party tours, bachelorette, tours, family get-togethers, office team building, incentive programs, and more.
Each tour runs approximately 2 hours, but may run to 2.5 hours.
We will be walking close to 2 miles over the course of the 2 hours. There will be opportunities to sit along the way.
We recommend dressing comfortably, with shoes you can walk in for a couple of hours. We also recommend leaving heavy bags or luggage at home. We spend a lot of the tour outdoors so be sure to check the weather.
Our tours run rain or shine, so be sure to bring an umbrella or poncho.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.