Summary of The Day: Experience the beauty and history of Lower Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge at an easy pace with one of New York's best tour guides.
New York City began in lower Manhattan as the Dutch colony Nieuw-Amsterdam in 1626. It grew from the Battery Park area, a quarter-mile north to what is now Wall Street. After the British took control in 1664, New York grew northward, eventually spanning the entire 13-mile length of the island. The Old New York Tour begins and ends at historic South Street Seaport, once the hub of New York's maritime trading empire.
Olde New York hotspots:
Financial District – Wall Street
World Trade Center area
South Street Seaport
The Seaport was once known as Sailortown, a rough area largely defined by the Irish-American and African-American communities. Germans and German Jews began to arrive in the 1850s, settling farther uphill in the Lower East Side. Italians came streaming in between 1861 and 1930. A few Chinese came during the late 19th century; their numbers rose quickly after 1965. New York's Chinatown is the largest Chinese-speaking district outside of China. You'll see evidence of the great diaspora in our two-hour tour that includes the Brooklyn Bridge and much of the surrounding area.
Immigrant Oasis attractions:
South Street Seaport
We do not visit the National September 11 Memorial & Museum on this tour.
This tour ends at Brooklyn Bridge Sightseeing, 110 South St. New York, NY 10038.
Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by at least one parent or guardian.
Please arrive 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
In warm weather, dress light, wear sunblock, and bring comfortable shoes. In autumn and winter, wear layered clothing to ensure comfort in colder temperatures.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.