Summary of The Day: American Museum of Natural History was founded in 1869, it is a scientific, educational, one of the world's most prominent cultural institutions. The museum contains six permanent exhibition halls and temporary exhibition hall, including Rose Center for Earth and Space Center Hayden Planetarium and IMAX Theater Center. Museum support five existing research operation and three interdisciplinary centers. Its museum includes permanent possession of more than 32 million specimens and artifacts. The very famous movie "Night at the Museum" was shot here.
The museum ranked first attraction in "American Family Travel Guide" through New York Zagat Survey. American Museum of Natural History provides the best place for an exploration of human cultures, the natural world and the universe. Here, you can see the three-dimensional model of the world-famous 94-foot-long blue whale and incredible dinosaur hall.
1. Milstein Hall in marine life, watch over 750 kinds of marine life, including hanging from the ceiling, 94 feet long, 21,000 pounds of blue whale model.
2. In the Arthur Ross Hall • experience over 130 scientifically validated significant meteorite, and to understand the formation and evolution of the information about the sun and the planets of space debris may pass the rock.
3. Take the time to explore the museum's famous fossil series halls, including a collection of dinosaur fossils from around the world, such as Tyrannosaurus and Apatosaurus majestic horse dinosaur hall.
4. Travel around the world in human origins and cultural hall, to understand the story of the evolution of the human family, viewing cultures in Asia, Africa, North America, South America and the Pacific.
5. Do not miss the famous diorama mammal museum, where you will see a precise description and correct anatomical specimens indicate geographical locations worldwide.
6. Visit the spectacular Hayden ball, and explore the universe with a 13 billion-year-old rose from the earth and Science Center.
Time: 10:00am - 5:45pm. It is closed on Thanksgiving &Christmas Day
- Dark Universe narrated by the Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Hayden Planetarium Space Show
- Celebrating these critical exploration of the universe's structure gives us a better understanding and history, and become a new field of exploration.
- Space Show opening hour(only for reference)：
Every MON. TUE. THRU. FRI.: 10:30am - 4:00pm (Every half hour)
Every WED: 11:00am - 4:00pm (Every half hour)
Every Sat. & Sun: 10:30am - 5:00pm (Every half hour)
- Crocs: 5/28/2016 - 1/2/2017
- Cuba: 11/21/2016 - 8/13/2017
- Time：2/12/2016 - 9/1/2016
- Samuel J. and Ethel LeFrak Theater
- 40min films in a massive theater
- 3D movie: 10:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm
- 2D movie: 11:30am, 4:30pm
- Sit in front of amazing 40-foot-high screen, exposure to state of the art digital sound system and experience the 2D / 3D movie screenings - National Parks Adventure. Attractions include the Yosemite, Yellowstone and the Everglades.
- Upcoming films:
- Wonders of the Arctic: 9/2/2016 - 3/2017
- Humpback Whales: 3/2017 - 9/2017
Special thematic exhibitions (choose one of the following options)
1. Your Body's Secret World
- Our body is actually about 100 trillion bacteria home. The exhibition will take you to explore the ever-changing complexity of human science reveals microorganisms, reshape human health concept, and to provide common health problems, such as allergies, asthma and obesity new ideas.
- Time：11/7/2015 - 8/14/2016, 9:30am - 5:30pm
2. Butterfly Conservatory
- Dense humidity, lush greenery, the room is filled with colorful tropical butterflies. You will experience one of the most popular annual exhibition season.
- Time：5/29/2016 - 12/10/2016, 9:30am - 6:15pm
3. Dinosaurs Among Us
- Research the ancient theropods and learn how they evolved into today's birds in the past 150 million years time.
- Time：3/18/2016 - 1/2/2017
*Senior: 60 and older
*Senior: General Admission: USD 17.00/person, General Admission + Space Show/IMAX Movie/Special thematic exhibition: USD 22.00/person.
*If there are seniors booking the ticket, please contact our service team to adjust the price for you.
American Museum of Natural History admission ticket
Airfares or related transportation between your location and American Museum of Natural History
All personal expenses including the additional food or beverage ordered by customer
The ticket is non-cancelable. Once confirmed, there will be NO refund if cancelled. The change of departure date must be made 5 or more days prior to the departure day.
We will send voucher via email to you, customers need to bring printed voucher and a valid ID or passport with them to ticket office to redeem tickets.
Tickets are divided into two types, one is General Admission tickets, and the other is an ticket + optionally one exhibition or show, including the universe Aerospace Exhibition / IMAX Film / Special thematic exhibitions.
It does not allow photography at Space Theater.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.