Summary of The Day: Enjoy panoramic vistas of Lake Pontchartrain as you cross the Bonnet Carre Spillway and travel back in time to Laura Plantation.
A sugarcane plantation founded in 1805 and operating continuously up to the present day, Laura Plantation offers visitors what has been hailed "the best history tour in the U.S."
The narrative for the tour is based upon historical documents found in the French National Archives and Laura Locoul Gore's Memories of the Old Plantation Home, in which she recollects more than two centuries of Creole plantation life, including the stories of the women, slaves and children who lived and worked there.
Eleven buildings comprising the plantation, including the slave cabin in which the West African folktale now known as Br'er Rabbit was recorded, are listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Laura Plantation was recently named the "Top Travel Attraction in Louisiana" by the Louisiana Travel Promotion Association.
This tour operates daily with the exception of Thanksgiving and Mardi Gras Tuesday.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult: 13 and older
*Child: 6-12 years of age
*Children under 6 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat on the tour bus.
*Rates will be adjusted for special events and official holidays.
Visitors must climb the stairs to access the second floor of the estate. The tour of the grounds involves a fair amount of walking.
We recommend that you book your flight after you receive a confirmation email from Tours4Fun (normally within one to two business days).
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.