Summary of The Day: On this visit to one of the greatest collections of Western and European paintings in the world, your professional guide will be a walking, talking encyclopedia of fine art with whom you can interact to your heart's content. Even the greatest masterpieces of all time can seem dry if you don't have an expert by your side to bring the stories and history behind the paintings to life.
The National Gallery is the definitive London address for artistic masterpieces. Our expertly-crafted itinerary invites you to get up close and personal with the highlights of this collection of over 2,300 paintings dating from the mid-13th to the ealry 20th century.
As we explore the collection, you'll instantly recognize Van Gogh's famous Sunflowers. Your guide will share the story of how this innocent looking still-life painting led to an angry exchange between Van Gogh and an old friend. We'll also encounter Rembrandt's Self Portrait, one of a series he painted throughout his life. This particular self-portrait is notable for its somber qualities and is filled with subtle hints about the inner life of the artist, which your guide will reveal to you.
Of course, no collection is complete without a piece from the prolific Italian master, Leonardo da Vinci. One of his two nearly identical paintings named the Virgin of the Rocks is here; the other can be found at the Louvre.
The tour service ends at the National Gallery around 4:30pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 4.
* Tour prices are based on Pound Sterling (GBP) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
2.5 hour guided tour of the National Gallery in London
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group.
Non flash-photography is permitted in the National Gallery.
We will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected; however, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
We reserve the right to refuse participation to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or staff.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.