Summary of The Day: Our fantastic journey will begin after we pick you up and head for a morning game drive of the Nairobi National Park at 6:30am.
This unique sanctuary the only one of its kind in the world border Nairobi and is the most accessible of all Kenya’s Parks. Despite it’s proximity to the city center it boasts of having four of the big five (Rhino, Leopard, Lion and Buffalo). The park also supports 450 species of birds.
After a scenic game drive we'll head to Daphne Sheldrick's Elephant Orphanage at 11:00am. This world class conservation park, otherwise known as the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in honor of Daphne Sheldrick's late husband is home to infant elephants and rhino orphans who are being raised here. The park is only open to visitors between 11:00am and 12:00pm, making it a unique experience to enjoy. During this hour the baby elephants are brought out to play and to feed, and visitors can watch them from behind a rope. Wardens are on hand to explain the work of the orphanage and to answer any questions.
Afterwards we'll head to the world-famous Carnivore Restaurant, where you can dine on an endless supply of meat! Sample of the complete meat eating experience from regular meat to crocodile (all farm raised), camel etc. The restaurant also offers vegetarian dishes.
At 1:30pm we'll head to the AFEW (African Fund for Endangered Wildlife) Giraffe Center is located in Karen, just outside Nairobi. The center has been ostensibly set up as a breeding center for the endangered Rothschild giraffe, but now operates conservation/education programs for Kenyan school children. The AFEW center is also home to Giraffe Manor, a beautifully maintained colonial home, now an exclusive guesthouse. The center's giraffe population wanders freely through the lush gardens, and pays an occasional visit to the house itself, often pushing their heads through the French Windows to inspect the breakfast table.
Here you'll learn all their is to know about this amazing animal and even meet them face to face from the elevated feeding platform. Hand feeding giraffes is an education in itself. You will see, close at hand, how they use their long, prehensile tongues to remove leaves from prickly acacia branches.
We'll end the day with a visit to the Bomas of Kenya at 3:00pm. For those who don't know a ‘Bomas’ is a homestead and just a few minutes from the city center, numerous homesteads reflecting Kenya’s diverse cultures have been recreated for visitors both local and international to see the traditional village life. The main attraction is a visit to the display of the traditional dancing and folklore songs performed in the splendid arena.
We'll end the tour at 5:00pm and drop you off at your hotel.
Lunch will be served at the famous Carnivore Restaurant, but despite the name there are vegetarian options available.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.