Summary of The Day: After a brief introductory meeting with your local guide, head off to explore Nairobi! Walking through the streets of Nairobi and travelling by public transport provides plenty of opportunity to mingle with the locals as they go about their daily lives, making this a pretty solid local experience in our books.
Your Nairobi walking tour will kick off with a stroll through Uhuru Park, right in the heart of the city, before wandering past the parliament buildings and the mausoleum of the first president of Kenya, Mzee Jomo Kenyatta.
This Nairobi tour continues with a look at the Kenyatta Conference Centre and the August 7th Memorial Park, which was built to commemorate the bombing of the US Embassy. We'll also give you the opportunity to visit the Kenya National Archives and various other sites within the city centre, based on your interests and our route.
Another key local experience is food, so it's no surprise that this Nairobi city tour includes the opportunity to sample local cuisine at lunch at a local restaurant. Eat like a local, chat with locals, see Nairobi like a local...soon you'll pretty much BE a local! (well, not quite, but you know what we're getting at...)
After devouring your lunch, your Nairobi walking tour will walk itself right back on over to the meeting point, where you'll end your tour full of local knowledge and delicious food. Not too shabby, non?
At the end of the tour we will return to the meeting point.
When packing, be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Africa. To respect this, and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. We recommend a mixture of loose, lightweight clothing and warm clothing for the evenings. Shorts should be knee-length. Singlets and tank tops are not suitable. Topless sun bathing is unacceptable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.