Summary of The Day: Giraffes and national parks are pretty epic, we won’t lie, and while these are some serious Nairobi highlights, this gorgeous Kenyan city has a lot going on at night, too. Join a local guide on this Nairobi tour that gets you out of your hotel and to some of the most authentic local spots in town, after the sun goes down. As Nairobi is such a unique and often daunting destination, we believe it’s always best seen with a local, especially at night. Spend the evening with a local, visiting some of the coolest places in Nairobi, and enjoying them all with a beer or two. Cheers to that!
You’ll kick off this Nairobi tour by hoping in our private transport and head towards our first stop, a local bar in Nairobi’s Central Business District (CBD). Here, the first drink will be on us! We highly recommend that you try one of the local beers, the most famous of which is our beloved Tusker, which has been brewed in Africa since 1922. It’s since become an icon of Kenyan and East African society, so it really is a must-try for any beer lover visiting this part of Africa.
If you don’t like beer, no problem! There is also a selection of wine to try here, as well as soft drinks and local juices. Perhaps you might like to try some tangawizi, the local version of ginger beer. Whatever drink you choose, we’ll sit back and relax, giving you the perfect opportunity to simply observe Nairobi local life and chat to your guide about all things Kenya. We’ll have a couple of drinks here, so there’s plenty of time to ask your guide all those burning questions you have about the incredible city of Nairobi.
Next up on this Nairobi night tour, it’ll be time for dinner, and for this we’ve handpicked a special local Nairobi restaurant (naturally!). At this spot you’ll have the chance to choose from a range of typical African food. The meat lovers might want to try nyama choma, which is barbequed meat such as beef or chicken - or you can even be a bit more adventurous and try one of Kenya’s ultimate delicacies, mbuzi, which is goat!
There will also be a selection of traditional Swahili dishes, which blend African, Arab, and Indian influences to create an exotic mix of spices and flavours. As if all that weren’t enough, we’ll enjoy even more quintessentially Kenyan accompaniments such as ugali, a dough-like side dish, and kachumbari, a delicious tomato, onion, and coriander relish that’s popular with the locals.
To wash that all down, we’ll take the time to enjoy an after-dinner drink - maybe something to fend off the food coma! After a relaxing nightcap, we’ll drop you back off at Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites, where this Nairobi food and culture tour will end.
Temperatures in Nairobi can vary vastly due to the city’s moderate altitude. Whilst afternoon and early evening temperatures can be relatively high, the temperature drops considerably after dark and you should bring suitable layers of clothing to ensure that you are not cold. Light, long sleeved layers and trousers are perfect as they also protect against mosquito bites.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.